Sunday, October 23, 2011

Birthdays Galore

This weekend hardly seemed like a weekend with having to work on Saturday for the Tent Sale at RABOM (ribbonandbowohmy.com), but I still managed to squeeze in time to celebrate not one, but TWO birthdays!

Since Saturday morning had an early alarm set, Friday night wasn't too eventful. A group of us went to the Terminal and I don't know the last time I've laughed as hard as I did for hours that night. Such a fun girls night!!


After leaving the tent sale (and doing some crafting for Charlotte and Felicity to kill time when I was in the kid's craft room),  running, some errands, and cleaning up the house, I was off to birthday celebration #1 for Chloe! Chloe turned 16 on Thursday and had a ton of people from church and CCS at the Terminal to celebrate her special day. Although I didn't get to stay the whole time, it was so fun to see so many great people all in the same place.



Although I got a tad lost, I made it all in one piece to J. Alexander's for dinner with some of my favorite people in the world to celebrate birthday #2, Miss Kelly Powers! I am so blessed to have Cary and Kelly as my best friends and Bob and Lisa as my neighbors, "landlords" and family in Chattanooga. We had so much fun as always and it was such a fun way to celebrate Kelly and her 25th birthday!!

The celebration for Kelly continued this afternoon (today being her actual birthday and all), we went to her parents' house for a HUGE lunch. I'm talking roast beef, squash casserole, mashed potatoes, peas, mac and cheese, rolls, and all finished off with a made from scratch red velvet cake--holy. cow. It was all so good and I was so glad to spend Kelly's birthday with friends and family to celebrate Kelly! We finally dragged Kelly to go and buy and iPhone--no kidding, she is terrified of technology/touchscreen. Or she was and now she's been on her new phone all night!

I was so grateful for a weekend with friends--especially after last week! Did anyone else think that last week just seemed to drag on...and on...and on! Ugh! But this weekend more than made up for it and I get have a trip to Marietta to look forward to for next weekend!

No comments: