Sonic
You know those certain songs, particular smells, or even just being somewhere in particular that brings back memories? Well, my roommate, Kathryn, and I went to see our friend's dance recital and decided that our dinner wasn't quite filling enough...So of course, we made the easy decision of going out to get a little night time snack and after much debate, we picked Sonic. "America's Drive In" will always remind me of my summers spent at Camp Vesper Point. As soon as we pull into the car slot to order, I start rambling on and on about the countless times over the past three summers that a bunch of the staff would pile into a car and turn up whatever music we wanted (simply because we can and don't have to listen to our "Christian music only" soundtrack, not that Christian music isn't absolutely wonderful, but change is good too). I, of course, ordered my usual strawberry limeade and as I slurped up my drink, I continued to talk my roommate's ear off about girls nights both in and outside of camp, explaining what blabbing is ;) and everything else about CVP that came to mind. I'm glad that God gives us little things like Sonic that spark memories about something as special as camp....I needed something like that on a cold, rainy day like today. And to have even more memories to look forward to as the annual camp Christmas party is quickly approaching! :) I wouldn't be surprised I if ended up at the drive in with my best friend Kasey and a hand full of other's from this past summer in just over a week! Until then, I might have to stop by Sonic for "Happy Hour" to have more recalled memories. 
4 comments:
Awwwww... I was JUST thinking about the CVP Christmas party!!! Man, oh, man. Let's have an after party for old staffers! :) Love you friend!
BTW - I hadn't read your comment yet and YES: EVERY SINGLE TIME I think of "tatonka" I think of Corey Morrison. Every time. :)
bahaha!!! You said blabbing in your blog!! Love it. And I can't wait to see you at the Christmas party :)
I love it that I see my name in your blog ;) haha...and I love you and can't wait to see you!!
Post a Comment