I went to Marietta this weekend and it was more than what I could have asked for.
My weekend more or less started on Thursday because Taylor Huddleston came to stay with me for the night! After the excitement of my new car, I rushed home to clean before she and I went to dinner with Nurse Lynn at the Terminal. We enjoyed the cool air outside and each other's company...it was just so much fun to laugh and have "adult" conversation...something that seems to be a rarity in my life.
Friday was just a fun day at work that flew by and before I knew it, I was on the road to Marietta. My dad was traveling to go to a Rover Rally, so it was just me and my mom until Kirby, Daniel, Felicity and Sully joined us. I spent the evening playing with Felicity and the puppies, catching up on missed TV shows (thanks Hulu!) and running some last minute errands with my sister.

I "slept in" on Saturday before a MASSIVE shopping trip with my mom. Of course I bought some essentials from Gap and H&M, but my biggest purchase was my new 15 inch MacBook Pro. After my Dell crapped out, I knew it was time for a new computer. I have had virus issues really from day 1 with my now 5+ year old PC so I opted for an Apple. I still haven't gotten everything transferred, but I'm working on it. Once it is fully updated, I think I will really enjoy it. All of these new things make me feel so spoiled! (The car was a gift, but I have been saving up for a new computer and phone for a while, just to justify that I'm not that spoiled from my parents.)

But the highlight of my weekend was seeing high school friends. I will admit to sort of falling off the map with them for a while, but after some apologies and conversations, we're on our way to a mended friendship. Life happens and things get busy, but I really do value my high school friends for knowing me "back when" and seeing how different, yet similar we are after knowing each other for 8-9+ years.
Alexa said something to me that really stuck. We were playing trivia at Suburban Tap like we used to do every Wednesday of Senior year before Bonnie and Brian came. I was talking about how I felt bad for being nonexistent, but I really did love seeing every one. Alexa told me she just wanted me to remember how much I liked hanging out with high school "fwends" and that's true. All it took was me seeing them to remember how great that group of friends was. We were together all 4 years of high school and stuck with each other trough thick and thin. I wish I could say that we were still just as tight knit today as we were then, but some of us have drifted and changed for better or worse. But who we were is something we can't change and you know, I really don't think I'd want to change what we had for a second. I'm looking forward to getting more of the group together around the Thanksgiving holidays for another walk down memory lane.
1 comment:
Can we have a college friends hang out session too? I miss you! And am jealous of your new car! Mine is starting to have problems :( Lame...
Post a Comment