It is officially November. And what I really want to know is where did October go? November means lots of things. No shave November. My birthday (and man! do I love birthdays!) Thanksgiving. The beginning of the Christmas season. And now, No Shopping November. Carolann came over Sunday night to try to find if one of my many cardigans matched a dress she is wearing to a rehearsal dinner next weekend. In typical girl fashion, she starts going through my closet to see what clothes she wants to steal in the future. Long story short, she counts how dresses I have. and shirts. and jeans. and shoes. and scarves. Let’s just say it was a lot. Granted, I do have a lot of clothes; I will be the first to admit but Carolann called me out big time. I love shopping, so much so that there even though I still have articles of clothing that have tags on them that I kind of had forgotten about.
So Carolann dared me to not spend money on clothes for the whole month of November. Whoa. Waaaay easier said than done.
Here are my parameters: No clothing can be bought with my own money. If I get them as gifts or use gift certificates, then that’s acceptable, but not encouraged. Accessories like earrings, headbands, and sunglasses are okay. No dresses, jeans, skirts, tights, shoes, boots, shirts, cardigans, scarves, nothing. But here I am, day 2 into No Shopping November and going strong. 28 more days to go. My next goal is to go through my closet and get rid of clothes that I haven’t worn in the last year....Maybe I’ll take that on after the shock of No Shopping November has settled in.
2 comments:
what a november! great idea kris, i totally support you! can't wait to hear your perspective at the end of the month! we should have a skype date before that though ;) love you!
Meg
you know, you could seriously consider letting your friends come over and make up outfits for you out of the clothes you already have... like shopping in your own closet with fresh eyes. I had someone do that for me and then realized i had about 50 outfit combinations that looked brand new without spending moo-la :) love you!
Post a Comment