Fast forward through a quick engagement (I only say quick in the opinions for the rest of society, it was exactly as long as it needed to be and not a day longer :), a couple years of marriage with Alex in youth ministry and Forrest teaching and coaching baseball at CCS to last August. As they were helping me move into my apartment, Alex and Forrest called me into their garage to tell me in a very similar way to how I found I was going to be an aunt to Charlotte (Alex was my co when my dad sent the email to camp saying "What's the difference between an ant and an aunt? One is a 6 legged insect and the other is you! haha We both hugged and cried and I love that I shared that moment with my co) that they were expecting. It was still very early on and they were only telling close friends and family, and I was overjoyed to hear the news. Sadly, a few weeks later Alex called to tell me about her miscarriage. Hearing her sound so heartbroken hurt my heart for their loss. But God is good no matter the circumstances and just a few months later, the Walkers announced their healthy pregnancy of a little girl!
Fast forward yet again to this past Sunday night! Alex checked into the hospital to be induced and after a quick and easy labor (seriously, Alex shocked me when she boasted on the ease of her super quick labor!!), Leighton Elyse Walker was born at 7:36am Monday morning; weighing 7lbs 10oz and 20.2 inches long! A healthy, beautiful little girl. She hardly looked "newborn"; tiny and precious, yes. But she didn't have the splotchy newborn skin that most day old babies have. I feel overwhelmingly blessed that I was able to visit Alex and Forrest and Leighton while they were still at the hospital. I will definitely be frequenting the Walker household since they live less than 10 minutes away to visit with Alex and spend many more hours hold ing my 3rd "niece". :)
Congratulations Alex and Forrest! She is beautiful and perfect and you can totally brag about your sweet daughter because it's all a blessing from God!


1 comment:
yay! i love this so much! and just now saw it since my child doesn't like to let me check my google reader yet :) she likes to have both hands on her! haha! love it! thank you!
Post a Comment