One would think that since it is now officially Winter Break for grad school and college students alike, that I would be sleeping in, online shopping, and watching lots of TV. Well, that is what I'm today because it's my day off. But otherwise, I will be working. Lots.
The customers really have been great for the most part, much more patient and understanding than I anticipated. The lines have been pretty consistently long and there's always something to do so the time passes quickly. The pain is in my feet and hips is not what I expected. Lots of time on my feet + bad joints/getting old = pain.
I told my boss that I could work full time during the month of December, thinking that meant 30ish hours for a part time associate. Nope. That means really close to 40 hours. Loving the paychecks. Not so much the early wake up calls. Apparently the mall is opening at 8 am this coming week instead of 10 am like normal and I am now the go to "online order packer" which means I've got to be there 2 hours before the store opens. Yep, you did the right math, I will be at work with bells on at 6 am for 3 days next week. 7 am another day. And 8 am on Sunday. Whew, that is early considering I wake up 2 hours before I go to work to get ready and commute. Benefits of going into work by 6-8 am, I get to be home by 2 or 3. Whoop!
So long story short (ish), if I have fallen off the face of the blogging world these past few weeks and weeks to follow, it's because I'll be working, sleeping, and hopefully fitting in some much needed and loved friends and family time.
No comments:
Post a Comment