Monday, December 3, 2012

Gobble Jog 2012

School and work have taken over my life. Between end of the semester projects, papers, and quizzes in combination with a 30 hour work week and the start of the holidays, I have been one very busy girl! And a busy girl means that I have been a slacking blogger. But school is winding down (work is still crazy) but at least that's one big chunk of a time eater that's going away by this Wednesday! So a recap in parts:

Thanksgiving morning started with an early wake up call after a night of sleeping on an air mattress (lots of family over means limited bed space in the Mardis household!) and bundling up before Daniel and I headed towards downtown Marietta!
I kind of liked running in cooler weather but I don't know if I could ever run a race without a theme...4th of July, Thanksgiving...a race without costumes just wouldn't be a race!
I loved running through neighborhoods because of the community feel--people were outside drinking coffee and bloody mary's, eating doughnuts, playing the tuba, cheering, and of course wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving! So fun!
(I don't think you can read the sign, but it says "Ferver Drive Welcomes Gobble Joggers"--love it!)
I finished the race in 1:09:58, my fastest time yet! I really was keeping a steady pace the whole time, but I was especially proud that I ran the whole thing--as in no walking! Woop! Woop! 

Me and my fellow finisher 

8 10K's down, lots more to go!

My Nugget and My Number
I had a ton of fun! The rest of my Thanksgiving Day recap is on it's way!

No comments: