Let's face it, we like to think that we're busier than the next person. I feel like no one ever has time to just sit and enjoy the afternoon (especially the BEAUTIFUL weather that Athens has been enjoying the past several days). With the overload of school that I'm taking this semester, I feel like my week consists of class, class, and more class...and then once that is done, it's either Bible study, sorority something, and fitting in all of my school work somewhere in between all of that. I'm coming to realize this semester that physical rest will be a rare treat that I can never expect, but enjoy it when it comes. This semester is teaching me that amidst my hectic schedule, God is telling me to find rest in HIM. What a comforting thought!
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." -Matthew 11:28-29
This verse just proves that God is coming to meet me where I am. I am learning to not wait on physical rest, but a soulful rest instead. God is calming my worries of my future (like getting a job! Hooray! Well, there are mixed feelings on "growing up", but that's a whole separate blog post) and my stresses over this semester's busy-ness. What a great God!
This weekend, I got to go on a Crossroads Fall Retreat to Horn's Creek which was just outside of Clevland, Tennessee. It was so much fun! Just getting away, enjoying fellowship, and having sometime to reflect on some time with God over the weekend. And I always could use a break from the go, go go of Athens. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was white water rafting down the Ocoee!! What a GREAT adventure it was! I had never gone rafting before, but I can tell you that I will definitely be doing it again!! We had a guide, who's name was Lauren but we were told to call her "Cornbread" :) She was so much fun and definitely helped us to make it down the river all in one piece. Luckily, no one fell out of the boat, but I did lose my paddle at one point when the rapids were really rough. I just sat in the boat waving my hands and saying "I lost my paddle! I don't have a paddle! I don't know what to do! I lost my paddle!" haha It was hilarious, once another boat retrieved and gave back my paddle!
My laundry just finished drying and needs to be folded and I need to make some lunch before class. I'll try my best to keep you all posted on everything else in the near future!
PS-BLACK OUT ALAMABAMA! And ESPN Gameday is coming!! This weekend is going to be a-mazing!
2 comments:
I almost got to see you this weekend!! Well, sort of. Cara called me a few weeks ago and told me she would be in Cleveland if I wanted to meet her to watch the GA game, but I had to babysit this whole weekend. :( It was fun, but not as much fun as hanging out with you guys! And it would have been a total treat because I wouldn't have expected you to be there!! :)
i've definitely spent a TON of time at horn's creek. like a TON. love that place- not CVP, but still a great location :) hehe :)
thanks for talking today- sorry it had to end. i love yoU!
<><
Post a Comment