Friday, September 12, 2008

Studying vs. Cleaning-Cleaning wins.

Has anyone ever noticed that whenever there's studying to be done, you always find some other way to fill your time? Last night, I decided to be a "good student" and stay in to study for a test that I had today rather than going to the social with my sorority sisters. My intentions were good, but once I settled in on the sofa with my calculator, books, and notes...I remembered that I hadn't cleaned up my mess and put up my leftovers from dinner. I un-pile all of my stuff from on top of me to tidy up the kitchen, and realize that the dishwasher was finished. After putting away the clean dishes, I decided that my bathroom was in dire need of a deep cleaning. And before I knew it, an hour had past and I was not any smarter when it came to the subject of Consumer Economics! Don't worry, I sacrificed an hour of sleep to make up for my hour of cleaning so it all balanced out!

On a separate note, earlier this week I was reminded of how wonderful fellowship truly is. Over the summer with my camp family, the kind of fellowship that I've experienced is irreplaceable. And being immersed in such a unique community for 2 1/2 months out of the year, coming back to school is a definite shift. As always, there are pro's and con's to the change of environment. I've come to realize that I cannot stay at camp year round simply for the fact that that's what Heaven is for. The fellowship we share in Heaven will be a perfect day at camp, but 10,000,000,000 times better!!! (And then some...) Back to the point of being reminded of great fellowship...I am so blessed to be in a Crossroads (aka Campus Crusade) Leadership Bible study on Wednesday afternoon's and then lead an Upperclassman small group with my friend Cara later that night. It was so refreshing enjoy the company of other believers, just to laugh, catch up, and hang out. But even better, we are able to share our struggles, pray for one another, and know that we will be in each other's prayers once we leave each other's company. I am so grateful that the Lord doesn't want us to make this journey alone!!

I'll try my best to be an avid blogger...I'm just getting my toes wet right now! But I must go now because I need to pack! I get to babysit my adorable niece tonight and then slumber party at my sister's house for the night! I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures of "Lil Miss" as we like to call Charlotte very soon!

1 comment:

anna c. said...

umm... i do this ALL the time. esp. now that i have a house. it's not good. AND, i've gotten to where i'd rather read the book i'm reading instead of studying. i justify it by saying "isn't that what educations all about?" ha. not quite. love you. and LOVE our green funky pics over there. yay.