Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh what a day!!

So today starts like most other Wednesdays...I was even running a little bit early for my first class (a rare occurrence!!) Other than my not so stellar grade that I got back on my independent study midterm (and at this point in my college career...I'm graduating in May and that's what is of utmost importance to me, not so much every grade that I get back for a class), I thought today was not bad. Boy, was I sadly mistaken.

I have 3 classes so I just stay on campus and I was going to head back home since I wasn't going to my Leadership Bible study this afternoon so I could finish up on a paper that's due tomorrow and start to study for a test that I have at 8 am....That was before my computer decided to not work. Only the left half of my computer screen shows up, while the other half is completely black with an inch thick squiggly, colorful line straight through the middle. I text Chris Raynolds, my computer expert friend :), and he didn't tell me the news I wanted to hear (that I would probably have to buy a new computer...no good). So after that, I call the Dell customer service and talk to a lady on the phone on and off for about 4+ hours....

First I have to explain absolutely everything about the type of computer I have, then I have to go to the apartment's computer lab to climb under the desk there so I can hook up my computer to the computer screen in the lab to see if it's a screen problem or a video chip issue (like I know what that means...). After all of that, we find out that my screen is the problem. Okay, that's one thing we figured out, now what?

The Dell lady says that she has to talk to her supervisor as to what to do next and she will call me back within thirty minutes to an hour. So in between, I actually make it to a presentation group meeting on campus. So after showing up late to my meeting, I then have to rush out when the Dell lady calls me back and then I'm put on hold for 30 minutes to see if we can order me a new screen.

I make my way to the car, drive to Schlotzsky's, and wait to get off hold so I can order my food with no such luck. I sit in the car with the windows down so I don't waste gas while I'm waiting (especially when gas costs an arm and a leg and all of the gas stations in town are out of gas, I can't waste a drop of gas!) I finally have the computer thing situated and settled, WHEW!

I go in to order my food so I can take it home, study, and work on my paper til the wee hours in the morning...but I get back to my car, reach into my purse, and cannot find my keys. I look in the window and, low and behold, there are my keys sitting in the passenger seat. I panic. Like just sit down in the parking lot and start crying. I'd already cried once or twice today from the stress of the computer, so once the tears have already come, it's hard to stop them. So in a panic, I call my roommate and start pacing around the car. While I'm pacing, I make my way to the other side of the car and realize I was flustered enough to have left the window down!!! I start jumping up and down from excited-Praise the Lord I was forgetful!!

I finally make it home, put my feet up, eat my sandwich (which sadly was not as good as I'd hoped for, but I can't focus on little things like than on day like today)...and here I am! I felt the need to blog about such an eventful day, but thank goodness my computer will be fixed before the end of next week. And fortunately, my wonderful roommate Chandler is letting me borrow her computer, and later we're going to the Starbuck's drive-thru together(yum!! What a treat!) to help us stay up super late for a night of school work galore!

Whew...I'll be glad when today is over with!

2 comments:

anna c. said...

awww you didn't even "smell like smoke" tonight when i talked to you! (that reference coming out of shad-rack, me-shack and aben-digo. ha spelled ALL wrong, but you get it... they had been through hardship,thrown in the firey furnace, and didn't even come out of it wallowing in their own self pity and smelling like smoke... praise the Lord! had i not read this i would've never known what a downer day it was for you!) but yay that it ended with you still being happy and talking to me and not even complaining about your day ONE BIT! horray kristin. hope your comp. comes with zero more complications. :) i loved chatting. now, may the mission BEGIN! :D

Anonymous said...

GIRLLLLL!!!! What a DAY!! Man, I'm never fond of crazy days like that, and boy I tell you - if I lock my keys in my car ONE MORE TIME, my whole family will disown me. Sheesh. Yay for good friends who will help you out in a bind and yay for Starbucks!!