Monday, October 27, 2008

Amazing weekend!

Weekends make the week worthwhile for sure! I mean, last week was amazing and this past weekend was the cherry on top. :) After getting dinner with a high school friend and watching Grey's while sipping on a Pumpkin spiced latte with Elizabeth Cox on Thursday, I was ready to go home the next morning. Friday morning, I was surprised by a phone call from my oldest sister, Katie, that she and Charlotte were down the street and coming for a quick visit! This was very exciting because 1) I got to see my sister AND my adorable niece 2)it was a surprise visit, which surprises are always fun and 3)they live about 30 minutes away, which doesn't sound far, but can seem far away when you're school takes over your life.

After driving through torrential rains and singing in the car, I finally made it to East Side Elementary so I could read to my mom's 2nd grade classroom. Since many of the same students moved from 1st grade to 2nd grade with my mom, I fortunately was not asked who's mom I was (a usual question when I've come to visit in the past). One girl did start giggling when I said that I was 21--almost 22 in just over 2 weeks!! I sat down to read them a book and when I finished that one, they asked for a second, and then a third! It was so fun to read to them and be around such fun loving kids again!! So that night, my mom made yummy chicken chili and I watched Ocean's Eleven with my parents.

Saturday, my dad and I went on a bike ride (whew! It was a little bit different from my cycling class...ha!) and it was so fun just the same! I did some homework, lounged around, took the dog for a walk, and cleaned up before another family dinner. Then I got to hang out with a high school friend before going to bed. Oh--and how can I forget the INCREDIBLE football game that my Bulldogs played against LSU!!! Go Dawgs! Now ranked #6 in the BCS...The Georgia/Florida game is a pretty head-on, even match for this next Saturday...

And on Sunday, I went to Sunday school with my parents (everyone there is so great, I'm so glad that my parents get to have fellowship with some great people at the church...and they were all excited to hear I was a Georgia student after the game on Saturday!) We went to our usual Sunday lunch at Atlanta Bread Company, picked out a pumpkin that my dad and I are going to carve on Friday morning, and the 3 of us went shopping before Daddy and I had to hit to road to get back to business.

It was a wonderfully "fall-y" weekend with my parents and just the right amount of refresh that I needed to give me a boost to make it through this crazy week before Fall Break. And speaking of crazy week at school, I need to go to bed so I can wake up in time for class! One of these days, I'll learn how to do a short blog...but until then I hope you can put up with the "blah, blah, blah" and ramblings.

No comments: