
I always feel like I need to make time to write lengthy blogs, but I also realize that most people, including myself, don't always have the patience to read a 5 page long blog. I think that some thoughts are worth posting that take some time to read, but not every blog necessarily. So here it is--a goal. My blogging goal is to post more often, but with shorter blogs...and an occassional lengthy one. :)
Just a quick update on my past week...I caught the plague last Sunday. Well, not the plague, but it felt like it at times. For anyone that talked to me last Monday or Tuesday, they can vouch that I did not sound like myself. Instead, it sounded like a really tired 85 year old smoker was speaking for me. But thanks to the wonderful University Health Center, I was put on some antibiotics, I got some rest, and I'm on the road to recovery!
On Thursday, I went home to see my mom and Mitzi before heading to Chattanooga on Friday morning. I got to have some lunch with my dearest Co Mrs. Alex Walker :) and then met up with Kasey for some shopping at the mall. What a treat-seeing 2 of my best friends back to back! And then even better, I got to spend the weekend serving at CVP!! The weather was perfect...and it was incredibly beautiful outside. Here are a few pictures of how amazing it looked on the lake Saturday afternoon....I'm pretty sure that part of Heaven looks like this...


And after lots of yummy camp food, watching a great movie, and having even better conversations and fellowship-I was exhausted! Packing up on Sunday is always bittersweet (more bitter because the only thing I had to look forward to in Athens in midterms and presentations galore!) but I got to have lunch at the Walkers with Alex, Forrest, and Chris Raynolds. Alex filled my tummy for the journey back to Athens, but I got to walk some of it off at a really neat trail that Chris brought me to. We enjoyed the weather and the sights of wonderful Chattanooga and even saw a unicyclist!! You never know what you'll see in Chattanooga :)
Leaving Chattanooga was especially hard for me this time around. Being away from there these past two months, I have realized my heart for that city and how strong of a desire God has put on my heart to make that my home. I feel more at home in that place than I do in Athens, which says a whole lot since I've lived in Athens the past 3+ years. I have been constantly in prayer that God makes it clear to me that I am following His will and His plan for my life after college. I am trying to be in check that I'm listening to God's want for me to be in Chattanooga post-graduation and not just my own wants. I will definitely be blogging about that more in the near future!
So much for a short post...maybe it'll just take some practice. Don't worry, this week won't be too exciting because my life is dedicated to school and my 3 presentations, followed by lots of studying for my 3 tests that are looming for next week. Maybe I'll make a short post about my thoughts rather than the craziness that my life has been lately. Until next time, be praying for my sanity with school and that my heart is set on Christ's plan and not my own.
3 comments:
Hooray for a blog update! Good luck on your presentations this week and remember to watch for those bugs that God will be sending your way...
yes! I can totally relate to that feeling at "home" in Chattanooga even though you've been living somewhere else for so long. That is definitley how David and I felt and how the Lord brought us here. It is home.
I hate that we missed you this weekend (see my blog and you'll understand how full our weekend was!)! Come back soon!!
I found K Mardis's blog!!! yay!!! im soooo HAPPY that u had an amazing time at camp!!! I know how much u love it there...so im glad u had an amazing time there this weekend!
Good luck w/ all ur presentations! I LOVE U!!
Post a Comment