Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Destination: Destin, FL

Tomorrow morning, I'm loading up the car and riding down to Destin, Florida and will be enjoying the beach until next Monday. My dad works with a wonderful man who offered his FIVE STORY!! beach house that's literally across the street from the beach for our WHOLE family to stay at--when I say whole family, I not only mean both of my sisters and their husbands, my niece, and my parents, I also mean my four cousins on my dad's side of the family (2 of them are married and of course bringing their spouses, and then there are 2 kids under the age of five from those marriages), my 2 aunts, 2 uncles, and my dad's cousin...not sure what her "relative title" is, but we just call her Sandra. Yes, I'm aware that's the longest run-on sentence ever.
My dad even hired a professional photographer to take pictures of the whole family on the beach too!! We're wearing khaki and white and he wants us to bring kites to fly together too...I know, how cheesy movie-esque, but I still think it'll be a good time. I'm so excited to spend lots of time with my loud Mississipian family, relax on the beach, go for runs by the ocean, read a book for fun, and play lots of card games! :) I know, I'm a 75 year old trapped in a 22 year olds body. I'll be sure to takes lots of pictures and upload them...after I get around to uploading my graduation pictures...details, details.
But I need to get started on what I should have been doing rather than blogging, start and finish packing before going to bed tonight so I can wake up bright and early to hit the road!

No comments: