I love long weekends :) My weekend started on Wednesday night and is still going...Yep, that's right, still going! My last day of classes was last Wednesday and I celebrated by going out to lunch with my friend Jessica after getting my oil changed and going shopping!! That night, my small group that Cara and I lead were meeting for dinner to wrap up the year. We of course ate at La Parilla as usual. I got a surprise phone call from my best friend Kasey so we caught up before I went to bed. :) What great surprise!
I slept in on Thursday morning, laid around on the couch for a few hours, and met my roommate from last year, Kathleen, for a walk and to hang out at the sorority house. That night, we went to Wild Wings to celebrate my sorority sister, Jami's 22nd birthday! There was a guy singing for a concert and he was so much fun! He pulled Jami up on stage to sing Happy birthday to her and the whole restaurant joined in before long!! So fun!!! We went to Kim and her fiance Matt's party that Matt and his roommates were hosting and it was fun to just hang out with friends.
Friday morning came earlier than I wanted it to...I had a study session at 8 am for a Final that I have this coming Thursday-too early!! Normally, I can handle early if I'm used to it, but I'm very much in the habit of waking up at 8 am, not being somewhere at 8 am. After studying, I rewarded myself with a Cinnabon (yummmmmmy!!) and then got ready for my pledge class' pictures in our caps and gowns around North Campus, in front of the Arch, and at the sorority house...that definitely made Graduation hit closer to home! (So, I tried uploading some of the pictures so you can see...but for some reason it won't work today...) Chandler and I got Chili's To Go, watched "Now and Then" (classic girly movie), and I packed up loads of stuff from my room to bring home the next morning.
Saturday morning, I finished packing up my car and headed to Marietta as a pit stop to unload and get a free lunch before heading the rest of the way up to Chattanooga. Alex and I were catching up when Jerry Harwood knocked on the door! If you didn't know, the Harwoods live about 5 houses down from the Walkers. Heather was out of town for the weekend, so normal rules did not apply! haha The crew had headed across the street to get some sunflower seeds and stopped by to say hi and to let me know that they would be praying for my interview the next day. I am so excited that camp is quickly approaching and to see the Harwood kids a lot more...not so sure how excited I am about hearing Jerry's little phrases on a daily basis though! That night, I treated the Walkers to yummy barbeque at Waycrazy's up on Signal Mountain to thank them for all of the hospitality they have shown me all of my visits up to Chattanooga that I've been making lately! Alex and I baked oatmeal chocolate chip cookies while watching girly movies on TV.
This is turning into a long blog...so I'll be quick! Sunday morning was confirmation Sunday at SMPC and I had 2 of my past campers that were apart of the 30! kids that were confirmed. After a wonderful (and long) service, Alex and I rushed through the Taco Bell drive through. I had an interview at 1 (more details to follow when I have a better idea of what God's plans are!). I hung out with the Walkers and Chris Raynolds before I drove through the rain to Marietta. The weather was getting bad, so I just stayed home for the night.
I woke up this morning to the sound of rain on my rooftop. I headed back to Athens in time to make it to Elberton to help Katie with rifle auditions for a couple of hours. I'm going to miss seeing Charlotte so much! Now, I'm waiting for my friend Pease (well, Brittany, but I always call her Pease) to come over so we can take our online final for my Human Sexuality class!! One more class out of the way!!
More fun blogs to come, but I cannot give up my weekend updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment