Sunday, May 9, 2010

Two Part Post: Mother's Day and One Year Later

Part One:

Happy Mother's Day to all of those mothers out there! As I have gotten older, I have come to appreciate my own mother more and more. There were several times while I was at camp as a counselor that I called her to thank her for raising me the way she did. Although I can be a brat at times (I will be the first to admit!), I saw how spoiled some of the kids that came through camp were; getting their way no matter way, not having to clean up after themselves, or not showing respect to those in authority. I am so glad that my parent's made it a priority to not only teach me lessons like that, but even moreso that they showed me what real love is through disciplining me.

I could not be more appreciative of my mother--she loved me when she had to drive me around to my dance lessons, girl scout meetings, and Science Olympiad meetings in elementary school, dealt with my through my high maintenance middle school days, hugged me as I cried over boys and high school drama, and showed me patience while I was learning how to do laundry before leaving for college. She loves me and my sisters so well even when life gets crazy. I have loved to see our relationship grow into a friendship as I have grown up. I love you more than you know Mom!!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two:

How in the world has it been a whole year since I first walked under the arch?!?
I've said this too many times on this blog, but I'll say it again--if you had told me that my first year out of college was going to be as crazy as this past year has been, I would have laughed and called you a dirty fibber. I have loved it, maybe not every second of it, but I have grown in so many ways that I would not have had my life gone according to MY plan.

Since finishing college, I have...
-worked at the oh so wonderful CVP for a 4th summer
-been unemployed
-moved to Chattanooga :)
-worked 3-4 jobs at once
-been semi-homeless
-got my first big girl job
-took the GRE
-got fired from my first big girl job
-been unemployed again
-become an aunt again!
-started interning for First Pres

I am so glad that I have gotten to share these ups and downs over this past year with all of you since I've graduated from UGA. I will always be a bulldog and have a special place in my heart for Athens. College grew me and shaped me into who I was as I stepped out into the big bad "real world" and gave me a foundation as I started my life post-grad. There are some days that I miss college more than others. I am so grateful for the experiences and memories that Georgia provided for me.
Georgia, Hail to Thee!!
GOOOOOO DAWGS!

No comments: