I have been an utter failure when it's come to blogging lately. I'm just going to skip over an attempt of an update and fast forward to the most recent--this past weekend. And bare with me, while I have been terrible at updating my blog regularly, I've been equally as terrible with taking pictures. So here is a random, no gaps filled in, pictureless blog. You really want to read this now, don't you?
Friday after work, I headed up to the (gross) city of Knoxville with Molly and Ally. My dearest friend Hannah is getting MARRIED in just over a month and we were going to her lingerie shower (probably for the best that I didn't take pictures of that...) It was so fun to see friends from camp and especially to see Hannah. She and I have been terrible at keeping in touch...but she has been planning a wedding, so I guess she has an excuse.
After we made it home on Saturday afternoon, I had enough time to get ready before I babysat on for the Holt girls. I don't know the last time I babysat for them--it was so fun to see them again! We played Wii, watched tv, and read some books before I put them to bed and I got 2 whole hours of cable to myself! Gosh, I just love babysitting :)
Yesterday was a busy day between Big Breakfast (a student led time of worship, testimonies, and Scripture reading that revolves around--duh--a big breakfast) and the Super Bowl Party...I was basically at church from 9 am until 10:30 pm. Yes, it was as exhausting as it sounds but so so wonderful. I had so much fun with the students and pretending to care about NFL football.
But this morning was the most interesting Monday morning I've had in a while. Normally with such a packed Sunday, I would have slept in a little bit before I met Katie Woodruff for breakfast and prayer. But she was out of town until this afternoon and I had to go to the radio station at 9 am. You read that right, the radio station. Jerry asked me to record a 15 second and a 30 second commercial for First Pres' father-daughter dinner that's coming up in April. Jerry said he would email me the clips and if I can stand them, I might put the link up for y'all to hear. I felt pretty legit standing in a padded room with a huge microphone and sound equipment in front of me, but hearing the play back of my own voice always sounds so weird. Is that really what I sound like when I talk? And if it is, I'm sorry.
Okay, we've moved past the mundane and hopefully I will start to actually turn my camera on once and a while. Cross your fingers for a more interesting blog post sometime later this week.
2 comments:
kris! glad you updated! good to hear news from chatty. miss that place and miss YOU, friend! and ps - is that HANNAH CARD that's getting married in a month??? if so, WHAT???!!! WHEN??? man, it's amazing what you miss when you're not on facebook :) love you friend. i'll try to skype you this week or next.
Um, 2 things.
1. I hate my voice too, so I also apologize. But I really want to hear your radio commercial!
2. I want the story behind the nose ring. Anytime, really.
Post a Comment