Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Family and Friends

This past weekend (like most) was one of those weekends when I just didn't feel like I had enough time to do everything that I wanted to do. But I have 3 definite highlights of my weekend in Marietta.

1. Breakfast with my parents
I slept in (until 9) on Saturday morning and sat at the table in our kitchen drinking coffee and talking to my parents just about whatever came up. I talk to them on the phone several times during the week, but there's just something about having a face to face conversation with them that was such a great part of my time at home.

2. Lunch with FB#2
Catching up with old friends is always so fun, especially FB! I wasn't planning on going to the EC until last minute and Alexa had let me know about this lunch date a while back, so I was really excited when it worked out for me to actually come! Since I don't live in Atlanta (or in the surrounding areas) 3/5 of FB does, I rarely expect for stuff like this to work out. We sat at Atlanta Bread Company for 3+ hours talking about who knows what. A lot of it revolved around Mary's recent engagement, wedding plans, and most important (to us), the Bachelorette Party. I had so much fun and I'm really looking to our sleepover that we planned for a weekend in March. With how different each of us are now, we wouldn't get along like we do, but I think our differences is what makes us work.

3. Time with the Clelands
One of the main reasons I came home was to see this little peanut: She is on the move and crawling everywhere! She's even started to say some words, mostly Ma-Ma Da-Da, Bye Bye and Kirby said she was working on the word "Boppy" earlier that day (which is what they call their dog Sully sometimes)

What a stinking cute kid!!
After she went to bed, Kirby and I sat up for a couple of hours just talking. I am so blessed to have a godly, encouraging, understanding, and honest sister. If you know her, you get where I'm coming from. And if you don't know her, you've heard my talk about her. Both of my sisters are such wonderful wives and mothers and times like Saturday night are times that I cherish when I get to spend quality time like that with my sisters.

1 comment:

Kirby Lynn said...

I love you and thank you for the kind words and the time you spent with us! Love!