Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Here Comes the Bride!

Sorry I haven't posted this sooner, but the day after Elizabeth's wedding I left for a missions trip to New Orleans--more on that later! But not on to the main event of this post, the wedding!


I didn't take any pictures at the actual wedding, but it was at the same church that my dear twin, Hannah Davis, got married in! Just so you have an idea of what the church looks like, here's one of the 100 yard aisle:
She walked down the aisle to "Here Comes the Bride" (I'm sure there's some official name of that song, but that's what I know it as!) which I think this is the only wedding I've been to that I've actually heard that. The ceremony was traditional and short-exactly what I would have picked for Elizabeth.

Also, her dress was exactly what I would have picked for Elizabeth. I mean, dead on. Go me!
The reception was held in the dining hall of her alma mater, Baylor School. Now before you start to think that's a little odd, Baylor is a super nice private school in Chattanooga; it had chandeliers, wood floors, round tables, and a beautiful overlook of Signal Mountain. It was the perfect size for the event and beautiful! The DJ, food, and drinks were all great! She served Trader Joe's wine, which I loved! I mean, why not? It's cheap and yummy. The food was heavy hor' devours (sp?): pasta and green salads, chicken fingers, meatballs, fruit, cheese, and crackers, etc. and was set up around the room. She had individual key lime pies (so good!) and some kind of chocolate groom's cake that I didn't try because I ran out of room in my stomach...Anyways, enough of that run down...on to bigger and better things-the guests!

Kathryn Brown and her man came to spend time with me in Chattanooga for the weekend which was so great to see her because we SUCK at keeping up with phone tag! Amanda Eade, Paul, April, and Christy (Carbonell) Lord were all the sisters there. We caught up on who (ourselves and pledge class sisters we've kept in touch with) is doing what and reminisced as expected. It was so fun to see all of those girls, most of which I haven't seen since graduation!
We made struggled our way through our Sweetheart Song. I say struggled because we got tripped up on the words a time or two (I'm blaming the amount of time it's been since we've sung it last...some might blame it on the alcohol) and of course did the toast!

Following the reception, we went out to a bar to wrap up the celebration and something that's never happened at a wedding I've been to before happened--the bride and the groom joined the after party! They weren't leaving for their honeymoon until Monday and Christian had some relatives that were in town from Germany he wanted to spend time with so they came out with us! Something about that doesn't surprise me with Elizabeth Cox Roemer.

Congratulations Elizabeth! You made a beautiful bride! Can't wait to come over and see y'alls house!

No comments: