The day after I got back from New Orleans, I headed to my parent's house after church to spend time with family. Good thing traveling doesn't bother me because I feel like I've lived in my car or a 15 passenger van during the month of July! My dad's brother and his wife (obviously my aunt and uncle, but I wanted to explain the relation) happened to be have made a trip Atlanta for the weekend from Mississippi and the following day was Kirby's birthday so we had lots of reasons to celebrate! My parents made yummy barbeque and Daniel made Kirby a cookie cake :)It was so fun to have both Charlotte and Felicity together--Felicity loved to play with Charlotte's toys and Charlotte was perfectly content being the center of attention! After dinner, they got to play in the sprinkler, which was a big hit!
I loved getting to just spend time with family. I have to tendency when I'm in Marietta to overbook and try to spend time with anyone I've known in the last 10 years, I wish I was kidding when I said that but seriously. So it was nice to just have a night with family--especially all together!
This past weekend was a long weekend that didn't allow for as much family time, but more quality time with Kirby and Felicity which I feel like I can never get enough of! Kirby had a bunch of friends out for dinner on Thursday night to celebrate her birthday. I am so so glad I got to celebrate her birthday with her TWICE! And it was really great to meet some of her friends and catch up with her high school friends...even though I feel years younger than them even though we're only 3 years apart. I call it the "little sister syndrome".
Friday was spent playing with little F and
All in all, I have felt so spoiled to spend all of this time with family these past 2 weekends! I have always enjoyed being an aunt, but lately I've been spoiled and have loved how much time I've gotten to spend with Charlotte, Felicity, and their moms :)



No comments:
Post a Comment