Friday: Woke up so that my daddy and I could continue our tradition of carving our pumpkin for Halloween! After digging through the attic to find our pumpkin carving tools, we picked out our design and got started!
Before going under the knife:
After finishing that, I was on the road again on my way to Chattanooga. Chris Raynolds and I met up for a late lunch and walked around the art district in Chattanooga and watched the crew teams from all over practicing on the river. Chris tried spitting on the rowers, but someone with more class talked him out of it. Then I made my way to my home for the weekend, the Geyers! It was nice to catch up and wait for some trick-or-treaters to come...and when they did, oh wow. A mom driving a truck dropped off her kids in front of the house and one of the girls was dressed up as dead Hannah Montana!!!! What?!?! Oh. My. Goodness! After recovering from the shock (and laughter from the shock), I headed to Olive Garden to meet up with Megan Stephens and SURPRISE-Rachel Carleton!! I could not explain how absolutely wonderful it was to spend time with two of the most special girls from this summer. To finish up the night, Rachel and I went to the Rocha's to watch the classic, Mighty Ducks 3 and snack on some cake with some really great people.Saturday: Megan, Rachel, and I woke up at the Geyer's to the smell of biscuits, pancakes, and lots of other yummy breakfasty foods. Drinkwine and his fiance, Allie, dropped in for some breakfast and catching up. It was so fun to be surrounded by great friends from camp! To enjoy the perfect fall weather, David, Emily, Megan, Rachel, and I got together snacks, a blanket, and a soccer ball and went to Coolidge Park. While the others kicked around the ball, Em and I enjoyed the weather and really great conversation.


We got to stop by Baylor to see the Girls' soccer team crush Brentwood Academy (6-1) in the state tournement before going over to Todd's to watch a not so awesome game that the Bulldogs played against Florida. Megan and Rachel had to leave before the game ended though :( After the rest of the crew eventually left, Todd, Reilly, and I relived some great camp stories and ate an always fulfilling at dinner at Amigo's.
Sunday: I slept in (a rare thing these days) before going up the mountain to meet Alex, Forrest, and Chris for great Chinese food and even better company. Alex and I looked through pictures from her best friend's wedding from the day before-It was so fun to look through the beautiful pictures and catch up with my beloved Co! I stopped by Rembrandt's to see my friend Al, who I always seem to miss out of spending time with in Chattanooga, and get a turtle frappe that was SO good! Then it was on the road again, headed to Marietta to stop long enough to enjoy some soup for dinner a la Mommy Mardis, and back to the reality of school work and another week at school.
So much for short and concise...but it was such an wonderful and blessed weekend to see great friends. It's so wonderful to feel real joy by spending time with true friends and enjoy our time together. As I have said so many times before, I am constantly in prayer that my gut feeling is right that the Lord is leading me to Chattanooga after graduating to make it my home. Weekends like this past one only make me crave a life like that to become a regular thing.


3 comments:
I'm so glad I got to see you this weekend!!! :) YAY!!!
jealousy.
Yay, I found your blog. I am totally going to keep up-to-date now! LOVE YOU!
PS maybe I need one of these crazy things?
Post a Comment