Friday, November 14, 2008

Warning: Birthday celebrations may cause sugar rush

My birthday celebration this year was more than I could have asked for! It really was such a blessing and God's way of reminding me how wonderful my friends and family truly are and how much I appreciate them all being in my life. So here's a condensed version of how wonderful my birthday was:

Wednesday afternoon: Cookie cake at the Leadership small group I'm in with 5 amazing other students and Kristel who leads it. The cake said "Thanks Jesus for Kristin and Megan"--God's done some major healing in Megan's life; so it was thanks for Kristin being born and Megan's healing :)

Wednesday night: Stephanie (a great new friend that's a member of mine and Cara's small group that we lead) baked me a yummy cake!! It had fun, pink candles and was so delicious...so delicious in fact that we sat at the table and ate straight from the cake plate....let's just say there wasn't much cake left.

Midnight: Kathryn Brown decorated the whole apartment for me!!I had literally just gotten out of the shower and walked out of my bedroom door to find this all over my door--I almost had a heart attack! haha!
Thursday (actual birthday) morning: Kristel takes me out to stuff my belly with yummy Cracker Barrel breakfast...I had some yummy french toast, eggs, bacon, and hot chocolate!

Thursday afternoon: I bake some pumpkin bread for Cate and Brady for this weekend...and while I'm baking, I discover that Kathryn had also made me a yummy Funfetti cake!!
Thursday evening: I meet Jessica, Jenna, Chandler, and Kathryn for a very filling dinner at Outback! Apparently I have a very popular birthday because at least 10 other people had the birthday song sang to them! Not even kidding!! I mean, it is almost exactly 9 months after Valentine's Day...We had some ice cream from the birthday celebration **In case you're counting, that's dessert #4....**

Thursday evening, part 2: After I finished dinner with these lovely ladies, I meet Cara, Nicole, and Jamie for dessert at Last Resort. After talking for a while rather than deciding what dessert we wanted, we ordered our desserts...except Jamie because she doesn't like sweets?!? I love her just the same, but could never understand her tastebuds. And when the waiter was bringing over my cheesecake (YUM!! It was raspberry cheesecake, in case you were curious), the girls start singing Happy Birthday...And at Outback, I think the whole restaurant was burnt out on hearing Happy Birthday so many times they didn't pay attention--that was not the case here! Pretty much the half of Last Resort that we were sitting in joins in to sing me Happy Birthday!!! lol I turn red as a brick! The picture below is right after the fact and I was laughing so hard out of embarrassment! I am not used to that kind of attention!!
I got some really great gifts from these girls too--a super cute scarf, a beautiful picture frame, a candle, and of course heartfelt cards. And some smuggled truffles from Jessica...so including the truffles, that is total of 6 desserts for my birthday--Can you say sugar rush?!? SIX DESSERTS!!! Oh goodness....

But I just feel so loved and could not appreciate the time I spent with my friends. And I loved getting every phone call, text, and facebook post from all of my super thoughtful friends throughout the day! Birthdays are so much fun :) The birthday I like even better than my own is Jesus'...and now that my birthday is over with, the Christmas season can officially begin in my mind!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had an amazing birthday!! Give Cara a HUGE hug for me - it was great to see her face on here!! :)

Reilly said...

where was i when all this eating was going on?