Thursday, November 6, 2008

Perfecting the life of a vegatable

After vegging around all day (literally ALL day), I pulled my lazy behind off of the couch to go to my wonderful friend's surprise! bridal shower! :) Nicolie was so surprised to see everyone standing in the doorway of her house that she just stood there! haha It was so much fun, playing wedding shower games and snacking on delicious food and enjoying some really great company. :)

Now to rewind just a bit, this week we have had philanthropy events galore! We had a barbeque at the house on Tuesday night and I was so excited to go to Crossroads afterwards because I didn't think that I would make it with the stuff going on at the house. I went back home, watched the.....outcome of the elections.....(that's a whole separate blog. Please don't take that as a negative comment, I have a lot of thoughts on this, but I will be praying for our country and our new leaders. I love this country and nothing will chcange that) then stayed up until 3 am to work on a literature review for a class. But not to focus on the details, why I really was back tracking was to tell you (the 4 people that read my blog :) about the wonderful conversation and connection that my friend Stephanie and I had last night. Our small group went out to eat and Steph was bringing me back to the apartment and a conversation about our pasts came up. She and I had such a freeing and encouraging conversation to see that we both have experienced very similar situations in our struggles in our faith, with worldliness, and of course relationships. It's so funny how you can view people certain ways and think of them as completely different from who they really are (good or bad). It's so refreshing to see friendships grow and we can make connections that we never would have seen coming. God is SO good!

Things to look forward to hearing about: my weekend with Charlotte and my mom, my 22nd birthday (1 week from today!), and going to Auburn next weekend!

No comments: