Sunday, November 9, 2008
Reality Check
One of my many classes this semester is called "Career Development and Community Involvement" and a HUGE part of my grade for that class is a portfolio. One of the many parts of that portfolio is a "budget planning for the future". On Friday night (yeah, I do homework on Friday nights, I'm cool), I was looking up the average income for a recent graduate working with Children's ministries, Chattanooga apartment cost, and everything else that will need to be paid to make a living. That alone was a huge and much needed reality check that I will be paying for things on my own. I have been so incredibly blessed to have my parents pay for school and housing costs and pretty much everything else while I have been in school, and I'm ready to be more independent. But it's a scary thought to much a dollar number on my independence! I am definitely looking forward to taking the next step and starting a whole new chapter in my life. This semester is coming to a close, I'll be turning 22 this week, and graduating in less than 6 months! Woohoo!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is a little overwhelming.... but it works out fine, and honestly, what people always tell you about bills and "adult finances" being super hard isn't true if you just do what you're supposed to do. It's like people who claim homework is overwhelmingly hard when all they have to do is take it a day at a time and do their work.
You are going to LOVE it. LOVE it.
I'd rather have this life with a ton of bills and insurance stuff to worry about than not. Matthew 6 is a great promise. And if the Lord puts you here, we'll be enjoying it together and close by.
You are the best CO ever, no matter where you are or what you're doing.
<><
Alex is right...budget and you will be fine! I love you Kmart, and I am praying for you :)
Post a Comment