Thursday night was like a weekend night because right after work, I headed over the meet Anna Cleland, Chris Raynolds, Alex, and Forrest. We stuffed ourselves into Forrest's truck and made the trek up to Nashville to enjoy the Andrew Peterson "Behold the Lamb of God" concert. it. was. INCREDIBLE. I was so blessed to go last year and this year I had even more of an appreciation of the artists and the music that was full of worship and a love for our Savior. But boy was I exhausted by the time we made it home!! (I didn't get in bed until 2:30 AM and had been up since 5:15 AM!!!)
Friday morning wasn't too bad though because I don't have to work for the Y anymore!! I promise I'll post about my new job later this week...maybe tomorrow....or the next day....
Friday night I had dinner with my "twin" from camp, Hannah Card. We enjoyed time together at Panera as we caught up and ate yummy food. I was exhausted and started to yawn a lot at the end of our dinner, so I headed back to the Liner's and spent some time with Alex and Mrs. Liner before crashing! What a great Friday night :)
I slept in on Saturday (a very rare thing!) and bummed around, watching a couple of movies on TBS and stayed in my PJs until around 1:00!! I pulled my lazy self up though to get ready for the rest of the day. Haley Hill
is hands down one of the most genuine, sweetest girls that I know and I was looking forward to our coffee date together. She and I enjoyed sitting and talking at Rembrandt's for several hours and I hope to see her again while she is home on break.
is hands down one of the most genuine, sweetest girls that I know and I was looking forward to our coffee date together. She and I enjoyed sitting and talking at Rembrandt's for several hours and I hope to see her again while she is home on break.After our coffee dates, I headed back to Hixson so I could grab my stuff and go a much anticipated sleepover with my summer roommates :) This summer,
Julia Suddath
and Kelsey Palm
lived with me in the Cabinette
and we wanted to spend time together over the break (they both go to UTK, but Julia lives in Dalton and Kelsey lives in Hixson) to reminisce. It was a typical sleepover in the sense that we stuffed our faces with homemade pizza, Christmas treats, and some strawberry champagne. *Side note: Champange is not meant to be put in the freezer. It was room temperature when we first had it, so we thought we would give it a quick chill and put it in the freezer for just 20 minutes or so....20 minutes turned into 4+ hours, turning the champagne into a frozen solid popsicle. So we spent a good portion of the next hour rubbing the bottles to unfreeze them. too funny.
and Kelsey Palm
lived with me in the Cabinette
and we wanted to spend time together over the break (they both go to UTK, but Julia lives in Dalton and Kelsey lives in Hixson) to reminisce. It was a typical sleepover in the sense that we stuffed our faces with homemade pizza, Christmas treats, and some strawberry champagne. *Side note: Champange is not meant to be put in the freezer. It was room temperature when we first had it, so we thought we would give it a quick chill and put it in the freezer for just 20 minutes or so....20 minutes turned into 4+ hours, turning the champagne into a frozen solid popsicle. So we spent a good portion of the next hour rubbing the bottles to unfreeze them. too funny.Sunday was very, very restful as well. We had our potential new pastor speak at First Pres and we were all excited to have him voted by an overwhelming majority! This is a big deal for my church and we are excited to see where God takes us from here. I took a nap Sunday afternoon and spent some time with Reilly when he came over the his parent's house on Sunday evening.
Overall, it was a restful weekend, but not too boring!! And here's to a 3 day work week that I will get to spend going to church Christmas parties and seeing friends that are home from college on break!! :)
Overall, it was a restful weekend, but not too boring!! And here's to a 3 day work week that I will get to spend going to church Christmas parties and seeing friends that are home from college on break!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment