Monday, December 14, 2009

So many friends, so little time

Oh my goodness, what a weekend!!!!! I can honestly say that I have not had a weekend that so much has happened in in quite a while. My weekend unofficially started on Thursday...And here's why.

Thursday night, Kelsey Bull, Allison Little, Jordan Johnson, and Gavin McLaughlin all come in town from UT and Union for the Christmas party :) I spent the night over at Gavin's so I could spend as much time with them as possible. We stayed up super late catching up, then I had to wake up to make it to work on time.

I worked for several hours Friday morning, met the group for lunch at Yellow Deli (yum!...even if I don't agree with their beliefs, I believe that my tummy always leaves happy) and met up with my bosses at Neidlov's to go over some stuff before we went to look at some new spaces that we might be relocating to soon!

Friday night I met up with a group of friends from camp that were in town at Sticky Fingers (yum, again) before I had to leave them for my "Christmas party". I put Christmas party in quotes because that was the lie I had to tell everyone so I could go to a surprise engagement party for my wonderful friends Matt Bond and Drexel Dunagan. (Story on their engagement to come! I don't want to overwhelm you in this post more than you probably will be...) I spent the night at Gavin's again that night (stayed up super late again) and got to sleep in a bit on Saturday.

We took our time to get up on Saturday morning, but once we finally got up and ready, we stopped at Sonic before heading to America's Thrift Store to find some classic White Elephant gifts. (I purchased a dancing/singing monkey that was wearing a turban and a shampoo sprayer...and no, I really don't understand how the shampoo sprayer really works or what it's purpose really is.)

The Christmas party was tons of fun! We had the party at CVP and enjoyed Heather's yummy chicken poufs and lots of other delicious treats. I ended up with a Yanni CD, which I "accidently" left at camp. The night was so fun to spend time with lots of friends from camp that I don't see or spend time with nearly enough.

Sunday morning was a BIG day for me--I joined First Pres!! I have never been an official member of a church before, so this was a big deal to me and I couldn't be more excited! After church, I went to lunch to spend a few more minutes with friends before they got back on the road. When we were at Mojo, I ran into Deb Jones and her fiance!!! She and David had gotten engaged the night before and I was so excited to see her face to face to hear the news!!

I went home to take a nap before I went back to the church to see White Christmas--a program put on by the children of the church and it was PRECIOUS!! I'll upload the video as soon as I can so you can see how precious it really is.

Whew....that was a suuuuper busy weekend but I absolutely loved every single minute of it! Sorry for the sad lack of pictures, I took 2 pictures the whole weekend plus the video of White Christmas....severely lacking on my part, I know.

No comments: