Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Secret #3 is revealed!!

I kind of spoiled my own "reveal" of the secret in my last post. I was reminded that I told my blog readers I would share the secret when Emily Geyer was guessing what the secret was when we were on gchat earlier today....when I had to tell her that she kind of already knew.

Secret #3 is.....
(imagine you hear the drum roll in the background)

Drexel and Matt's engagement!!!


Matt Bond called me on Thursday afternoon to ask if I could keep a secret as he continued on to tell me that he was proposing to Drexel on Friday afternoon and wanted to have a bunch of people over to Nurse Lynn's house later on in the evening. I literally was screaming in the car by myself....the slight problem with when Matt told me the big secret was that I was on my way to see camp friends that Thursday night. So I found out this SUPER exciting news, and then had to keep my mouth shut around all of these people that knew both Matt and Drexel. Talk about testing my secret keeping abilities under pressure!

The Proposal: Again, I apologize for my lack of pictures from this weekend--with so much news, I should have been clicking pictures right and left! Matt had been planning this proposal for a long time and it could not have turned out to be more perfect! For Matt and Drexel's first date, they went to a friend's large house/tons of land up on Signal, so Matt took Drexel back to their friend's land to spend some time together on Friday afternoon. Matt had written several poems to Drexel throughout the time they have been dating and told her a while ago that he would write her a poem for Christmas. He told her that he wanted to give her her Christmas present early and takes out the poem to read to her. Matt had never told anyone he loved them before and didn't want to do so until he knew he would be marrying the girl. So halfway through the poem, Matt says I love you and gets down on his knee! Of course Drexel said yes! and they start calling friends. They celebrate by going out to dinner and Matt says that Lynn Jones really wanted to see the ring/them and brings Drexel to Lynn's house...little did Drexel know that several of their close friends were their to see them!

It was so wonderful to see them that night and see a couple so happy and so in love. I am so excited for them!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Man, have I been out of the loop. ha