Monday, December 7, 2009

To Kentucky and Back

Finally!! I'm as close to being "in the swing of things" with blogging as I can get right now...so here it is as you used to know it, my weekend update!

Friday after work I headed up to see this girl; the bride-to-be Miss Kasey Gabhart (soon to be Mrs. Kasey Vance! Has a nice ring to it, don't you think??)


She and I spent some much needed girl time on Friday night--we went out to eat and played "chicken leg"...and of course talked wedding plans!! We usually got too distracted by talking about what she already had planned about the wedding to get much planning done, but good thing phone calls, text messages, and emails can remedy our tendency to get easily distracted.

Kasey had to go with her future mother and sister in law to a play in Nashville that she had already committed to...which actually worked out perfectly so I could see other great friends in Bowling Green! Ryan Graham and Jessica Paulsen came out of their way to visit me when I was at Todd and Ben's house. Most of the afternoon was spent watching the SEC Championship Game (Roll Tide!) and redecorating Todd and Ben's Christmas tree. I wish I had taken a before because it was a little rough...but thank goodness I could help! haha and Ben helped a little bit too, I guess. But here's the masterpiece!



And yes, that is Snoop Dogg at the top of their tree...don't ask because I couldn't explain it if I had to.

I got to spend some time with Kasey, JR, and his best friend Joe at Kasey's future house that night which was relaxing and lots of fun too!

After going to church, followed by a great lunch with even better friends, I got to have a very brief catch up time with Jessica before I hit the road again!!

I spent almost the whole trip on the phone with Kelsey Bull before I met up with my dad for our becoming-tradition of Sunday night dinner's at Cracker Barrel...where he brought me my new toy!! I've only had it for a day and don't know how I ever got along without it!



My weekend came to a close by watching Seventeen Again with Deb and staying up waaaayyy too late. Which I'm starting to wonder why I decided to blog at 10:00 the night after having a short, and bad night's sleep the night before. So I'll take this as my cue to shut my computer and go to sleep! Yawn!

It was a great weekend of great friends, but man! was it tiring!

No comments: