Thursday, February 11, 2010

Clinging on vs. Letting Go

I'm really dumb and couldn't make this wonderful youtube video able to view with just the click of a mouse....but really, go to this link!!!

I love listening to Francis Chan talk about Jesus. He is so passionate, so real, and most importantly so in love with The Savior. In this clip from a sermon he gave in 2006, he talks about how our instinct when things in this world get a little bumpy is to play it safe. But what about when we stand in front of God? Do you think He will say "Well done, good and faithful servant" to those of us who made sure that we just barely got by with little or no trust in Him? For those of us that didn't ever leave our comfort zone and step out in faith? NO!! Paul certainly didn't play it safe!! He risked his life and ended up in jail.

God tells us to "run with perseverance the race marked out for us". (Read Hebrews 12--so encouraging) The word persistence means "steady persistence in a course of action or a purpose especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement." I am so grateful that I am in love with a King that encourages me to step up and grab life by the horns, instead of stepping back and letting life happen to me. Being a Christian is not about a meek, well-behaved, hymn singing weakling--God calls for his children "to serve him without fear" (Luke 1:74b) and to be bold before our enemies.

"Don't think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

No comments: