Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Confession

I admit it. My car is a mess. Usually try my best to keep it tidy between major cleanings, but I've let myself go lately when it comes to cleanliness in my little Honda. So in hopes to hold myself accountable, I'm making it public. I took pictures so I can show a "before" and "after"...wishful thinking, I know. So here it all is; The good. The bad. And even the ugly.

Cup holders: Really, not too bad...except for the fact that I put an old yogurt container inside of the big cup. Gross. We're going for honesty here, right?

"Trash" container: There really isn't a good place in most cars to collect trash, so my little place happens to be an open slot in the driver's side door. I used to be pretty good at emptying this out...apparently that's not the case as of late.

The back seat: This is the messiest part of the whole car. Between weekends at camp and trips to see friends, I end up unpacking things here and there that don't quite make it back into my oh-so-wonderful Vera Bradley large duffel (that apparently isn't large enough...) like sheets, towels, a sweatshirt or an extra blanket; add to that my two rainjackets and two peacoats and you've got the perfect equation for this mess in my backseat.
In my defense, I wouldn't say that my car is dirty, so much as messy. And surprisingly, the trunk isn't all to cluttered. You would think I would want to put my mess where people can't see it in plain view, but problem with my trunk is, well, it leaks. A lot. And with this hit or miss Tennessee weather, my clothes staying dry and un-mildewed is more important than my pride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha I had planned on blogging how "messy" my room was before and after. But I haven't quite gotten to the after part, yet! Ha!