Monday, February 22, 2010

A taste of home

My blog is still definitely what I would consider "under construction". Maybe one of you more educated bloggies can help me--how do I tag/label things? Or untag them for that matter? For whatever reason, a picture of my grandmother is tagged; something that I obviously did it, but didn't even know that I was doing it?!

Okay, now on to more profound topics...like the weekend! I'll post more later about my dad's trip to Russia (and answer the burning question several of you probably have, like "Why in the world does your dad go to Russia??) but we'll just bypass that for now....

Friday night involved my mom, Chick-fil-A, the airport and my dad. Yep, you guessed it! My mom and I had dinner on our way to pick my dad up from the airport as he ended his long journey home from Russia! He was exhausted after showing us all of the goodies he brought back (to be posted!), but I wouldn't let him go to bed until he took a picture with his "Baby Bird".
And we can't forget mom either!
I slept in on Saturday for the first time in a while...only to be woken up by this dog-breathed, nubby tailed little booger. Gotta love her!
I enjoyed some mom-made (or Pillsbury made, mom-baked) cinnamon rolls, coffee, and fruit after I rolled out of bed and stayed in my pajamas until noon! Mom and I got cleaned up, went shopping for me, Charlotte, and soon-to-be here granddaughter #2! Some of those baby clothes are so precious! So glad I get to have 2 nieces to spoil :)

Saturday night was the main reason I came home from Chattanooga--to have dinner with Chandler!!
and Kathleen too :)
Chandler (read her blog! even though she hardly updates...) has been living in China since September and took a couple of weeks off to come home and see family before heading back to stay until June. As some of you know, might recall, or have no idea, Chandler was my roommate senior year and I often refer to her as my "smart friend" (not always the tidiest though...) Chan is crazy smart and earned a scholarship from Princeton (she turned down theFulbright and Harvard scholarships if that gives you any clue as to how ridiculous she is) to teach college courses in China.
She and I met up with Kathleen (my roommate junior year--hey Kackles! I know you read this! and Chandler's roommate sophomore year) and two other girls from our sorority, Victoria and Abby, for dinner at Bahama Breeze...longest sentence ever. We had so much fun catching up, laughing lots, and taking pictures! I made a goal this weekend to document things so I could have pictures to post on my blog, am I doing better? I think so!
I went to the church I grew up in on Sunday morning with my parents and really enjoyed it a lot. Afterwards, we went to our usual Sunday afternoon restaurant of choice, Atlanta Bread Company. Sunday afternoon was spent doing some yardwork, taking the dog for a walk, playing Wii with my dad, and of course doing laundry.
Before I knew it, it was time to head back home. I was so grateful for a refreshing and restful weekend with loved ones! And I get to do it all over again next weekend when I go home for Kirby's baby shower!

1 comment:

Qian Duo Duo (钱多多) said...

dear kristin, i love you. still makes my heart happy that we shared this magical evening together tehehe. missssss you but we will be reunited again so soon!