Monday, February 8, 2010

Why I'm here

This past week, I really feel like God has affirmed why I moved to Chattanooga after graduating. Not that I was even doubting why I moved here or was seeking affirmation, but I have felt particularly blessed for so many reasons.

I've gotten to:
-enjoy dinner and the Bachelor with Al Wood and Deb Jones
-have dinner with my dad at Cracker Barrel as a halfway point for him as he drives to and from Oak Ridge, TN on a weekly basis.
-serve at First Pres with the Children's ministries on Sunday and Wednesday nights--AND worship there on Sunday morning (after 2 weeks of being away! So good to be back!)
-help a friend through an unexpected break up
-spend time at the Harwood's with wonderful food and even better friends
(Seriously, I'm always one of the last to leave because I stay and talk to these two wonderful people! I love being in their home and apart of their family!)
-visit one of my best friends in Birmingham because it's so close to the 'noog.
-spend the afternoon with Rachel Carleton after I unexpectedly ran into her after have lunch with Clay and Ellen Huffaker
-Actually babysit for the Holts since the snow canceled their last date night.
-And now I'll be spending the week with Greyson while her parents are out of town!

God is so wonderful to bless us with the wonderful gift of friendship. I'm so glad that we are able to love others and be loved by others differently through each relationship we have! I have never doubted living in Chattanooga, but this past week in particular, I have been praising God for leading me to this city with such wonderful friends where I can love and be loved by them!! What a rare chance for someone who recently graduated?! Most of my friends I graduated with only have a handful of friends and I am so glad that, through camp, I have so many friends in one place!

And there are so many more that I don't think I've actually spent time with since I've lived here--Emily Geyer and Sarah Lawhorn come to mind! :)

And yes, I admit it...I didn't take a single one of these pictures in this last week!! Thank you facebook for "Photos of you and ________" ha! I just love having posts with pictures and have been a failure at taking pictures lately!

No comments: