By the time we got to the church (I had to stop by First Pres to get my camera battery charger that I had forgotten!), Hannah had already started getting her hair done. The bridesmaids just watched and kept her company while she was getting overloaded with hairspray and bobby pins. Before too long, Molly and I had to start curling our hair and getting ready!
Around 1:30, our photo shoot started. First the bridesmaids with the groomsmen. Then of Hannah getting dressed (wedding days are the only days that it's appropriate to take pictures of someone putting their clothes on without it being creepy...). Then Hannah with the groomsmen. Then the bridesmaids with Hannah. In other words...a whole lot of smiling, touching up on makeup, and "hurry up and wait".
Matt's younger brother surprised him by singing with his girlfriend before the wedding (it was just supposed to be just her as far as Matt knew). When Matt came back in from hearing him sing, Matt was already crying! So of course I got teary eyed! But I pulled myself together just in time for the 100 yard dash down the aisle. The pastor gave Matt a "charge" so to speak as a husband for his wife. I couldn't tell you exactly what was said except that he stressed the importance of the bond of marriage and how it resembles Christ's love for his church. What stuck out to me more than anything else in the ceremony though was when the pastor faced Matt to remind him that this love and this bond of marriage is pure and beautiful; this was well waited for and it was finally time for Matt to turn and "behold your bride". The doors opened and in walks Hannah beside her dad. I just get chills thinking of that moment and seeing the love and joy on Matt's face when he saw his bride. The ceremony went smoothly without a hitch and before too long (although my feet seemed to think I had been standing up there for an eternity!!) Hannah and Matt were pronounced as husband and wife!!
Although I respect Hannah's decision to not see Matt before the ceremony, it did make for an extended photo shoot after the wedding before the reception. But we eventually made it to the ceremony...The food and cake were SO good and the company was even better! (Cheesy as that line may be, I mean it!)
Matt and Hannah left the reception by 7:30 and I was out of there as soon as their hummer pulled away because I was ready for some much needed rest...but rest was not what I got when I wanted it. More on that next post! (Part 3, coming soon to a blog near you!)
No comments:
Post a Comment