Okay, now to the point of the blog--MARRIAGE! (also pronounced "mawage") My twin is getting married on Saturday!! "Twin?" you might ask..."But Kristin, you don't have a twin!" Yes I do and her name is Hannah Card. Hannah and I met my third summer I worked at camp (2008) and we clicked right away. One of my old campers is a family friend of hers and we shared stories about Shelby, talked about how Hannah's pretty much allergic to everything, and cleaned the (gross, disgusting, nasty) boys cabins during Staff Training. And that was the start of our friendship. Hannah was only working second term, but when she came back to CVP in July we would have "cereal dates" during off time off to talk about frustrations, joys, and life stories.
You're probably still wondering where the name "Twin" came into the picture. Well, I will tell you. Scotty Harwood would always mix us up...we're both gingers, have the same piercings, and had the same color green Mountain Smith bags. No one else really mixed us up, but our nickname of calling each other "Twin" stuck and that's just what we call each other. And that's that.
After our summer ended, we kept in touch during her freshman year at Montreat and my senior year at Georgia. She even came to visit me for a weekend and we got our ears pierced together-haha so funny to think about that now!
I worked for one more summer and after lots of plans fell apart and came back together, Hannah worked at Cherokee Indian Reservation instead of camp. After summer ended, I made the move to the Scenic City and she headed back to Montreat. It was so fun for us when I moved up to Chattanooga because Hannah is from Chattanooga so we could catch up when she was home over holidays or long weekends. We would have Rembrandt's dates and sporadic phone dates. Even though she and I are terrible when it comes to returning phone calls, we are fortunately very patient with each other's crazy schedules and we always end up talking on the phone somehow.
When Hannah started dating Matt, I knew things were different from when she had talked about other boys. She talked about the elusive future of "if we get married", but that "if" turned into "when" before too long and I knew their engagement wouldn't be too far around the corner. Matt proposed early last summer and in typical Hannah fashion (knowing we would never get around to talking on the phone most likely) she texted me to tell me about her engagement and a few days later, texted me to ask if I would be a bridesmaid! haha
Hannah has been the most leveled headed bride-to-be that I have ever known! She could care less about the nit-picky details and above anything else is just over the moon excited to be marrying Matt. And their big day is this Saturday!
I cannot wait to share their special weekend with them as a part of the bridal party. She is going to make a beautiful bride and a wonderful wife--do you like my alliteration? :) I love you dearly twin and am so grateful to have you in my life. You are so mature beyond your years and I know Matt is exactly the man God has for you and I can't wait for you to start your lives together!
1 comment:
My parents met at Montreat and I love going there! This is seriously the first time I've ever heard anyone else even know what it is! It's so beautiful!
Post a Comment