March is a month I’ve really been looking forward to for a while for several reasons. The biggest and most exciting is my dear “twin”, Hannah Card’s wedding next Saturday!!!
I will dedicate a post solely to this beautiful friend of mine later this week, but just know how stinking excited I am for this girl to become Mrs. Davis in 7 days and that I can be apart of her special day. :) Not to mention I love camp weddings because I get to see lots of my friends all in one place!Something that’s come and gone in March is the Youth hosted Dinner and a Movie night for the whole church. Last night, we (we being the youth kiddos) put on a church wide event. The staff is always trying to think of ways to connect the youth group with the bigger church as a whole and Robert had the great idea of hosting a “Dinner and a Movie” night. So we organized kids and parent volunteers to cook dinner, be hosts and hostesses, servers, bus boys and even had some of our super talented boys play piano as entertainment during dinner. We popped some popcorn and watched “Ratatouille” projected up on a big screen in our fellowship hall. It was a pretty good turned out--definitely lots of young “camp” families which was so fun for me to see all of their children! It was so much fun and definitely an event that we would love to see become a regular event!
Big Breakfast is something that I look forward to every month and this month is no exception. The first Sunday of every month, we combine middle and high school together for Sunday school and have a student-led time of Scripture reading, worship, prayer, and testimonies...but not without, duh, a BIG breakfast and YUM is that food delish. My stomach is growling now just thinking about that meal tomorrow morning....
One last big thing with church (there are always lots of “little” things that I get excited about with my job) that I’m super pumped/nervous about for March is Spring Break. Baxley and I decided to go with Wyldlife/Younglife to Southwind in Florida over Spring Break as adult leaders. And to be completely honest, I have NO idea what I’m getting myself into. All I know is that that week will be such a great opportunity to meet new students that aren’t plugged into a church ministry and I can build relationships with them and have a turn of fun in sunny, mid-80* weather. Not a bad way to spend a week, huh?
Last, but definitely not least is this Thursday. HOLY COW am I excited about this Thursday!! Last weekend, Becca Hart messaged me and some other girls about a Groupon deal (if you don’t know about Groupon, you need some to--what a wonderful, deal finder!) for a spa in Chattanooga called In the Buff. You pay $100 and you get $200 worth of spa treatment. Normally, I wouldn’t just shell out 100 dollahs for a day of pampering, but I know how badly Becca needs a day dedicated to special treatment and wanted someone to go with, and also the day she asked me my back had really been hurting and a massage was exactly what my back muscles were screaming for, so how could I say no? Long story (semi) short, we signed up and made appointments for this coming Thursday. 3+ hours of massages, facials, manis, and pedis--YES PUH-LEASE. Again, expect a whole blog post dedicated just to this day, but this day is going to be epic. I’ve never had a real massage before and my back has been super tight lately, so I’m really hoping this will alleviate some of that tension.
Welp, that’s basically my March in a nutshell. What a great month. And we’re only 5 days in so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment