Jerry was traveling to a conference in Chicago and this week was the dreaded TCAP testing week for Tennessee schools, creating the "perfect storm" of inconvenience in Heather's life. So, I moved up to their house on Monday afternoon and stayed until this morning. I really didn't have to do much besides waking up Hayley and Scotty at 7, pour them their cereal and milk (or pull down the occasional doughnut or muffin for an end of the week treat), and remind them how much time they had left until it was time to walk to school by 7:40. They live about 3 houses down from the school, so I didn't even have to worry about taking them to school! It was so wonderful to just have a week away from normal, but still be in my "normal" life. I love being around the Harwood family, they make me feel like I'm apart of their family and they are so easy to be around. I would spend my nights reading Water for Elephants (SO good! Can't wait for the movie....even though I know it won't be as good as the book) and watching whatever came on TV with Heather, talking to the kids about who knows what, cuddled up next to Max (their dog....hopefully that didn't need explanation, but I figured I might as well explain to avoid confusion) It was homey, comfortable, and such a great escape from the norm.
No comments:
Post a Comment