(Sorry for my complete and utter lack of creativity with my Blog Title...)
All in all, this was a weekend of perfect balance of rest and fun. Kelly and I had plans to hang out on Friday night, but since the weather outside was crazy, we postponed until Saturday afternoon. But don't worry, thanks to my new best friend (my apartment with INTERNET!), I caught up on every episode of Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives that I haven't seen in 2011. I ordered pizza and vegged all night and it was wonderful.
Saturday was a little bit busier--I finally got to catch up on the phone with Chandler which was a great way to start my day! Kelly and I met up for lunch on Saturday at Big River and opted to see a movie since it was so gross and chilly outside. We saw Jane Eyre because there really wasn't much else out we wanted to see. (Quick review: I've never read the book despite my several attempts to start it, but the movie wasn't too bad...nothing I would really be dying to see again anytime soon though.) Afterwards, I met up with some of my students for an early dinner before me and Allie went to see GPS/McCallie's production of Hairspray.



Can I just say how stinking talented these kids are?! I felt like a proud momma when I saw some of my girls up on stage dancing and singing their hearts out! Seriously though, it was so well done and obvious that they put in hours and hours of practice!



Sunday was a day spent at church as usual. Youth group was especially encouraging last night because we had a time of sharing prayer requests and praises and it was really special to hear what's on my kids' hearts.
And now, here we are at Monday again. This week isn't going to be too busy, just different than normal since it's Easter week and that throws off our "normal" schedule at church, but what better reason than Easter?
No comments:
Post a Comment