Friday, June 24, 2011

24 going on 13

This past Wednesday night will definitely be one of the more memorable nights of this summer. Bonnie, Alexa, and I went to a New Kids On the Block/Backstreet Boys concert and holy cow was it fun!! I was super impressed by how much dancing they were doing and how great they sounded. And they still totally embraced the "boy band" matchy concert outfits. White silk suits may or may not have made an appearance. Philips Arena was packed with thousands of screaming 20s-30s aged women and for one night, we were all right back in middle school. And I still love Brian Littrell, just for the record.


Bonnie and I spent the night at Alexa and Andy's apartment in Atlanta afterwards and since I was already in Atlanta, I drove down to see my Burger! Kirby and Daniel's house is really starting to come together. It's been really fun to see the different steps and see Kirby as often as I've gotten to lately. We ran errands with this little Peanut: then dropped her off at home with Daniel for a nap and Kirby and I went to Brake Pad for lunch. It's an old car garage turned restaurant and it was so good! Kirby is turning hippy and got a black bean burger and I got the southwest chicken quesadilla and we both loved our dishes!!

By the time I got home, my parents' college friend/family financial planner Sandra had gotten there. Then we added to the company when Bonnie came over! Bonnie and my mom had "teacher talk"--I know they both appreciated having someone who really understood and appreciated their day to day stuff. I scheduled my hair appointment with Ms. Tammy at 7, so it was kind of late by the time I got home with my new do. Annie and I got to catch up over drinks last night and as always, I love getting quality time with her...even if there were 40+ year old women dancing on pianos at 10 on a Thursday night trying to distract us from conversation. It was interesting to say the least but worth a good laugh or two.

PS-This weekend, I totally reccommend digging up your old boy band CD's and listening to them while you drive around! So fun to rewind 10+ years and remember what it was like to have crazy, unrealistic celebrity crushes! And how can you not be in anything but a good mood when you hear "Quit Playing Games with my Heart"?!

No comments: