Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Unplanned Weekends

This past weekend was one of those rare weekends that I didn't have set plans going into it other than my Co's Baby Shower. And that is a very, very rare treat.

Kelly and I attempted to go to Riverbend on Friday night to see Alan Jackson. I say attempted because we got in, walked around, stood in line forever at the disgusting, atrocious, ick porta potties, tried to find seats, and gave up because we were overwhelmed by the amount of people--particularly the amount of people that were sporting mullets, cigarettes in hand, and were just all around charming folks (please pick up on my sarcasm in that statement). Never again will I venture into the world of Riverbend. Ever.

I took full advantage of my minimally planned weekend and didn't even set my alarm on Saturday morning! Even if my internal clock woke me up before 9, it was nice to just lay in bed, read HP7, and know I didn't need to rush out of bed to go somewhere. I eventually got up to meet Kelsey and Paige for lunch. Kelsey and Paige were my high school leaders that were in the cabin with me at Southwind. It was so fun to catch up with them! Later that afternoon was my Co's Baby Shower! I know I've had several "co's" from camp, but Alex will always hold the permanent title of "Co". It is so exciting to know that little LEW is getting bigger and stronger every day and will be here before we know it! What a special day to shower Alex (and Forrest) with gifts to help them prepare to welcome Baby Girl Walker in a few short months! The CVP staff had the night off so I met up with several of them to relax and catch up.

Sunday was a typical Sunday--Sunday School, church, lunch with friends, hang out with Molly before she went back to camp, then I was back at church. During the summer, we are going through a study where we look at culture and the Bible and how they all tie in together. It's really laid back and I've really enjoyed the few weeks that we've been meeting. Afterwards, we go out to eat somewhere and this week Subway was the lucky winner. But my favorite part of the night was hanging out on the walking bridge while Riley, one of the seniors, played his guitar. Very relaxed, full of laughs, and perfect weather was just the cherry on top.

No comments: