Monday, June 6, 2011

Memorial Day, Pt. 2

I know that Memorial Day was a week ago, but this is literally the first night I've had at my apartment where I've been able to sit down and update the ol' blog! And to make matters worse, (I'm really doing a good job of encouraging you to keep reading, aren't I?!) I took zero pictures except at Peaser's wedding at the youth group event!

Either way, I woke up EARLY on Friday morning so I could drive my co-worker Baxley to the airport so he could fly to California for some vacay time. But that meant time with Kirby and Felicity since they live less than 5 minutes away from the Atlanta airport! When I discovered that my sister is turning into a health-food hippie, I passed on lunch at their house and I drove home to my parents' house. Once my first priority was met (food), I headed straight upstairs for a nap! I woke up in time for my favorite restaurant, Cherokee Cattle Company, with my parents and a night out with my "big brother". After I'm caught up on posts from Memorial Weekend and this past week, I'll dedicate a post to Shahrukh. *Public mental note*

It was so nice to have a lazy day on Saturday before the wedding! Saturday turned into a late night, so I slept right through church on Sunday morning! But thank goodness for technology because First Pres puts their sermons online, so I was especially grateful that I didn't miss Tim Tinsely wrapping up the book of John! The youth group went to the Lookouts Game that night and I honestly felt like they were going to have to mop me up off the floor because I would have been a puddle of sweat by the end of the game! So. Stinking. Hot.
Of all days, I realllllly wish I had taken a picture of my day on Monday. Drexel and I went to a late breakfast on Monday to celebrate our day off and after some slight detours, me, Ryan, Matt, and Drexel went to D's parents' yacht. She always refers to her parents' boat as a boat....no, it's a stinking yacht. Two bedrooms, a kitchen/sitting area, bathroom, and a sun deck! There's even a token Sea Doo. Crazy. I felt so legit at the Marina getting on their boat...And I figure that I'm totally allowed to brag about other people's nice things without sounding snobby. It was so relaxing to just sit in the water, talking, or laying out on the back of the boat, all while talking with good friends. Finishing the day with Chinese food and the Bachelorette was just the cherry on top.

Well that's about as concise as I can get it. Last week was pretty low key and even felt like a continued vacation because Katie Woodruff was housesitting for a family in East Brainerd so we took full advantage of their neighborhood pool and nice flat screen tv. I felt spoiled to say the least.

No comments: