Friday, June 10, 2011

Tea Time

Last Sunday after church, Beth Austin and I hosted a Mother/Daughter Tea for current and rising middle school girls and their moms. The idea was totally Beth's idea, but we thought it would be a good idea for the upcoming 6th graders and their moms to ease their way into Youth Group. I don't know about the churches that most of y'all grew up at or go to now, but I know at JFBC and First Pres, the Children's Ministry and Youth Group are run at totally different paces. We're trying to make the transition from 5th grade/Children's Ministry to 6th grade/Youth Group not nearly as traumatic as it could be and what better way to do that than with food and girly crafts?!

I was in charge of the food while artsy Beth brought the craft...but of course, she had the wonderful idea of making the food presentation even look cute. I don't know what I would have done without her because the presentation would not have been nearly as polished as it was!


And the craft was super easy and fun! Such a good conversation starter and easy for moms and their daughters to do together. It was was so neat to see how different everyone's turned out!

No comments: