Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Full House

Although I’m still waiting to hear from Richmont, unless a small (financial) miracle happens, it looks like I’m starting the Community Counseling program at the University of West Georgia this spring semester. And since West Georgia is in Carrollton, Georgia I’ll be moving into my parents’ house while I go to school. I cannot even fathom my life not in Chattanooga, especially after living here for 2 and a half years. (cue the tears) But knowing that I’ve wanted to go to school for counseling for a while now and the timing has fallen into place, the sacrifice is worth it to live at my parents’ house and away from my home in Chattanooga....and so I won’t be in debt until my non-existent kids’ kids start college.


I’m waiting to hear on an assistantship for UWG that will help cover my tuition and give me some extra money that could really make a big difference! So keep your fingers crossed and prayers said for me! What’s really going to make life interesting is living at home with my parents and my sister and her husband, and my niece Charlotte. Oy. Lee used to be a band director at a high school just outside of Athens, Georgia but started teaching at Norcross High School that’s about 45 minutes away from my parents’ house; So to avoid paying 2 mortgages while they are selling their house, they moved into the upstairs of the Mardis casa. So add one more Mardis to the mix in less than a month and that will make for a very full house. (Have a mentioned that my parents have a dog as well as Katie and Lee? Just saying.) 
I keep telling myself that Chattanooga is only an hour and a half away, I’ll be up here all the time, and thank goodness for emails, texting, phone calls, skype, etc. I know that God will work through this and bless this time that I’m back in school. I really am SO SO SO excited for the opportunity to go to grad school and am beyond thankful for my close relationship with my family and that I can spend this time with them, but it is almost too big a pill to swallow to think of being separated from my family in Chattanooga. 


On a different note for all of my friends that are living in/around Atlanta--I’m so excited that I’ll get to see all of you more often rather than just on my quick trips to Marietta! I’m anxious to see how I balance school work, (hopefully an assistantship), and spending time with all of you! This is one of the biggest aspects of living at home that I am looking forward to!


Emotional rollercoaster post. I have a feeling this will be the first of several of these up and down king of blogs during these next few months of adjustment. You can’t say you haven’t been warned. 

No comments: