Once we finally finished packing, getting ready, and checking our bags it was time for food! Finding a decently priced meal is just as difficult as finding our way around (not to mention finding our way out of the MGM!). Alexa and I wandered around New York, New York and settled on a New York style deli. It was really yummy and you could hear the roller coaster overhead which was pretty crazy to think that it was that close! After we played the penny slots for a bit we decided it was time to ride the roller coaster. That's right, the roller coaster that is on top of a building. It wasn't nearly as high up as I envisioned, but still fun and quite a rush! And chilly...
We moved down the strip to visit a few more casinos which turned out to be some of our favorites-The Cosmopolitan and Paris. First was the Cosmo, which is the newest of the casinos on the strip. We wandered through the way-out-of-our-price-range shops and decided to try out the slot machines there--and I'm glad we did because I won $10!
The Cosmopolitan was beautifully decorated and definitely the swankiest.
Tired from lots of walking, we stopped for a pretzel snack and we ready for even more walking. We settled on having dinner at an Irish pub in New York, New York--we figured 2 red heads couldn't go wrong with Irish food for dinner! Our time to Vegas had come to an end, so we collected our bags and headed for the airport. Oh yeah, I almost forgot...before we went back to the hotel, Alexa won $93 off of the penny slots!! Ridiculous...I had been excited about my $10 (measly in comparison) and she showed me up!
The flight was less chatty and more bumpy than it was en route to Sin City, but I was glad to be on my way home! Vegas was great for a long weekend trip, but definitely not somewhere that I plan on returning to on a yearly basis--not that I could afford such a trip again!
My favorite part of the trip? Spending time with FB plus Dan and getting to travel with friends instead of family. (Not that I don't LOVE family vacays, just a different pace)
No comments:
Post a Comment