Monday, December 5, 2011

Unplanned Weekend

This was one of those super rare weekends that I had next to nothing planned. I had a couple of things on my "to do list" that were mostly around the house stuff and got nothing done on it....until about 5 minutes ago when I cleaned out my fridge.

Friday night, Kelly and I were DD's for Bob and Lisa since they had a fancy Christmas party to go to on Lookout so we spent our night either driving from one mountain to the other or eating soup and watching "Say Yes to the Dress". It was perfect. We got time for the 2 of us to catch up with Bob and Lisa and with each other. And I love a good night in watching girly shows.

I slept in until 9 AM on Saturday!!! Big deal! HUGE  deal, even! I had a Skype date with my dad at 10 am our time, 9 pm Russia time! It was fun to see him and talk "face to face" and I'm excited to have him back in the States this Saturday. While I was skyping and working on my graduate assistantship application for West Georgia, Kelly and Lisa purged Lisa's cabinets of all things expired. Kelly was ecstatic to organize! After spending a majority of the day in oversized sweatshirts and leggings, we decided it was finally time to get ready for the day (around 3 pm....) Katie Woodruff had invited a group of UGA and LSU fans. We had a pretty even splits of supporters, and although the game got ugly the 2nd half, we enjoyed the company. It was unseasonably warm on Saturday night, so we had a bonfire and just hung out til way later than this kid is used to staying up!

Kelly and I miraculously woke up in time for church on Sunday. Kelly went to see a movie with her mom while Cary and I took her 16 year old family friend shopping for GPS's winter semi-formal that's coming up! After a few misses, we found H. a dress and spent the rest of the day shopping just for fun, stopping at Starbuck's and quickly spiraling to loopy because we were so tired/cracked out from sugary caffeine. We made it to the First Pres Christmas concert, but left early because I literally couldn't keep my eyes open! No joke, I was in bed and asleep by 9:15 last night!

I got the perfect balance of down time, productivity, and hanging out with friends. Weekends like this make it even harder to think of not being here in a few months for school, but I know that I'll be up here at least 2 weekends every month! More on that later...

No comments: