On our way back up to the room to freshen up for the day, we stopped to take pictures at the MGM's Lions Den. That's right, we had lions in our hotel! They had a habitat right next to the casino and were always attended by at least 2 men.
As we were playing paparazzi to the lions, we found this little Vegas gem. He was on mine and Alexa's flight home too...wearing this same exact get up. Talk about intenese stylin'.
That afternoon was spent with more sightseeing, but this time with a little bit more direction. Our first stop was the Venetian. This was one of my favorite hotel/casinos because they really stuck to the theme! As soon as we walked in, there were Christmas carolers and we were handed a cup of hot apple cider. It was easy to forget it was Christmas out in the neon desert, but I like that the Venetian had a touch of the holiday spirit!
We decided to be the ultimate tourist and went on the gondola ride! They sing to you as you're riding and we even had our own personal photographer (Dan) since they couldn't fit more than 4 passengers in the boats at a time. Well worth the money just to say that we did it.We of course had to stop when Santa was monitoring the tree...he said a few creepy things, but then Dan showed up and that stopped.
Okay, a little out of order, but before we were on Freemont Street, we also stopped at the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign which was cool to have the photo opp!
And we stopped by the show "Pawn Stars" pawn shop, but it was closed for filming...but at least here's the sign to prove that we were there!
Okay, now back to Freemont. Inside the Golden Nugget, the last of the casinos on Freemont Street to be built, was the world's largest golden nugget (fitting) and even an ATM machine for gold. Just reiterating that Vegas is not the real world.
Our last stop of the night was to see the fountains at the Bellagio, but since all of us had seen them before, we got to spend some extra time touring the chocolate fountain and Christmas display that had thousands of flowers! Oh, and the glass artist who I forgot his name...but Jessica Schwartz and I saw his display in Nashville over a year ago--so it was neat to see what he had done in Vegas outside of a museum setting.And of course we had to squeeze some time in for the slots...no luck on Monday night, but me and Alexa got lucky come Tuesday...more on that next post! (Yes, I tricked you. I said there would be 2 posts, but I decided 3 shorter posts instead of 2 with one short and one really long post would be better!)
![]() |
| Okay, I admit it. This picture was from earlier in the day when we first say down at the slots, but we did gamble a bit more Monday night and this was the best I could do to prove it! |






No comments:
Post a Comment