Orientation wasn't until this past Friday so I had no idea what my classes are for this semester until Friday around 4 pm and my first class is this Monday at 5:30. My head is spinning. My books have been ordered and put on rush delivery. Highlighters, pens, and notebooks were purchased. I even dragged my backpack out of storage to get ready. I still haven't quite settled all of the loans needed for tuition and I'm living at home with my parents, sister, brother in law, and niece. But to be completely honest, as out of place as I feel being back on campus and squeezed into my parents' house as I feel, I know that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be. I am itching to know my assignments and fill in my planner. I keep trying to mentally prepare myself to spend hours reading, researching and writing papers, and organizing my notes.
PS- For those of you wondering the details, I'm taking 9 hours (a full load, 2 classes on West Georgia's campus and 1 online) to get my Masters of Education in Community Counseling. It is a full 2 year/6 semester program. Once I'm finished I will be a CACREP certified counselor (if I pass the tests!) and I could would as a counselor through an agency, hospital, church, and the list goes on! The drive to campus is a little over an hour, which isn't ideal but worth it to live at home for now and get lots of free meals and free rent! Hm...I think that about covers the "usual" questions I've gotten from people! Comment if you have other questions!
PPS-I need a part time job in Marietta! Help! :)
1 comment:
Exciting! That's awesome! Such a hard decision to make. If you ever need a (quiet-er) place to stay, we're about 30 minutes from Carrollton. Although it's the opposite direction from marietta. If you can get a grad assistant job, those are pretty awesome, and pay tuition (or mine did). Good luck!
Post a Comment