Monday, January 23, 2012

"Just What I Needed" Kind of Weekend

This weekend has hands down been my favorite of the year thus far. Although, I guess technically every day other than Mondays and Tuesdays are a "weekend" for me (until I get a job....), I don't count them as one because Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the days that everybody else gets to play too!

Friday afternoon as I was changing my bedspread from this: 
to this: 
My dad calls me to see if I had been keeping up with my school work (yes, I have) and if so, would I want to join him at the shooting range when he made it home. Usually, our daddy-daughter dates involve a bag of golf clubs and a basket of golf balls...but since it's mid-"winter" aka 60 degree weather and rainy lately, he opted for something inside...with guns. I have never shot a gun before. I wouldn't say I'm a sharp shooter quite yet, but I think we might be making this a more regular excursion so there's hope for me yet. (Funny note: every time after I shot the gun, I would do a little hoppy-jump...my dad said that was something we were going to have to work on...)
That night, Bonnie, Alexa, and I had a craft night and slumber party--complete with pizza and chick flicks. Bonnie loves crafts and went a little overboard when buying supplies, but I assure you that they will get put to use eventually.
Alexa's crafts--the one on the right is a mini chalkboard now thanks to chalkboard paint!
Bonnie's frames; the top on is one she made for Nick for a picture of their day trip to Chattanooga!
Just a plain ole frame that was silver and I wanted some color for my frames and then of course a Vegas frame :)
And this was my time consuming project! I'm going to get a white frame to put around it to have my monogram over my bed to replace what used to be the home of my outdated, lame, ridiculous sun and moon pictures...The monogram is much more me, don't you think?
The proof of a successful craft night :)
 Saturday was not all that great (laundry and 3-4 hours worth of reading about Freud...) until I went to the Oyster Barn to have dinner and trivia with Kathleen, Avery, and Avery's sister and brother in law. Although I did nothing very little to contribute, the rest of the team had trivia smarts and we tied for 3rd and won 2nd place thanks to the tie breaker!! 

Sunday morning, I went to Christ Church all by myself. Kirby and Daniel were teaching Sunday school during the late service so I braved the service solo. I ended up sitting by some friends of Kirby and Daniel's so that helped me feel less alone. The service was just what I needed to hear (isn't God funny that way?) and after the service was the newcomer's lunch. I met some great people, heard more about the church's mission, and their different ministries. I liked Christ Church before, but I definitely have found my church home in Atlanta after my great experience yesterday. You can be praying for me to make friends my age so I can have a community that holds a candle to what I had and loved about First Pres. 

The weekend ended with a long overdue phone call with Kasey, taking quizzes, and eating ice cream while I watched my fav Sunday night shows. 

I love weekends like this that have the perfect balance of friends, family, productivity, and rest. As close to perfection as a weekend can get and just what I needed in so many ways!

No comments: