Monday, January 16, 2012

Sundays

Sundays have always been one of my favorite days of the week. Church, seeing friends, going out to lunch, taking naps, being productive, and of course Desperate Housewives and now add PanAm to the list of "before bed" shows. But now I love Sundays even more...you want to know why?

Because it's a guaranteed day that I get to see my WHOLE family.

I have started going to Kirby and Daniel's church in Atlanta and love it. It's a PCA church that has great worship, incredible pastors and something that's new for me--more than 10 people in their 20s. PTL. An added cherry on top? I get to see, hug, and hold this kid:
She is growing up so fast and I love now that I get a weekly check in with her to see the little things like how much her hair has grown, what new words she's learn, and how she is even starting to put sentences together!! Precious. And now that Kirby is starting to show, I get to have a visit with my future niece or nephew to see how they're going inside my sister's belly too!

And like every other day of the week, I get to see my other niece...this kid, in case you forgot what she looks like :) (What I'm really saying is that I like to brag on how stinking cute this kid is.)
But I think I love it most on Sundays because I can either meet them in time for lunch since they're service gets out later than ours or see them after I have lunch with the Clelands. Everyone is home and we get to do things together as a family, like play Mario Cart or sit down and eat dinner together. Nothing fancy, but I kind of like it that way.

After lunch, I force myself to sit at the kitchen table away from distractions to do readings and papers for my classes so I can relax and indulge in my guilty pleasure TV shows after dinner...and maybe a large bowl of ice cream and/or a glass of wine. :)

Sundays are such a great balance of work and play and just the right amount of family time. It's hard to catch a moment of silence around my parent's house, but so far I really have loved living at home and Sundays are reminders of why.

No comments: