Friday: Since I focused most of my Thursday on a paper (which was originally due on Sunday and was pushed back to Thursday--less work for me now! Whoop!) I had lunch with my dad, Kirby, and Felicity at McAlister's. I love being so close to both of my sisters and nieces so I can do semi-regular outings like that. Anyways, after that I was packed and ready to head to Athens....until I couldn't find my keys. Fast forward through frantic searching everywhere in the house, doubling checking to make sure no one took them in the morning, and still nothing for over 2 hours. Thankfully, Good Sam pulled through and turns out that I locked my keys in the car and my spare is still stranded in Chattanooga. After that ordeal, I hit the road just in time to get stuck in rush hour traffic, but eventually made it to Athens all in one piece in time for dinner and an early night out with Jessica and her friend Christie.
Saturday: We woke up bright and early for the FACS Alumni "Chilly Dawg" 5k. Let me just say we were not doing the race for time (read; we walked the whole thing) and I am still sore! Let me just say, I felt as though I aged at least 35 years when I started to complain about my hip and knees hurting mid-5k. Old age at 25 years old is rough.
We cleaned up, went to lunch at Tacqueria del Sol, walked around/window shopped downtown, and headed to one of my favorite sporting events in Athens--Gym Dogs!! We had a meet against LSU and beat them! It was so fun to be back in Stegman cheering on the Dawgs and even better than we won. :)
We went to an early-ish dinner at Last Resort, had some down time, and headed out for the night. Saturday was so fun and great to be back in the Classic City!
Sunday: I woke up in time to make it back to Atlanta for church and a young adults lunch with the church afterwards. I was back on the road again though because once I made it back home, I unpacked and repacked to continue my weekend at Kirby's and Daniel's, who now officially have me hooked on Downton Abbey...like I need another show to watch...
I spent my Monday before class with Kirby and Felicity--going on walks, playing with F and catching up on "Burger" time. :)
Another great weekend spent with friends and family. Hopefully I won't have to endure anymore lost key fiascos anytime soon...


No comments:
Post a Comment