I'm not going to share many details, but I've just felt more distant from my life in Chattanooga than I thought I would and that's been a rocky transition. I know I'm where I'm supposed to be and I want to invest in my life in Marietta (spend time with friends down here, get involved in Christ Church, really focus on studying, etc), but that doesn't mean I want to disconnect completely from my life in Chattanooga and that has proven harder than I thought...leaving me feeling a bit on the lonely side. Also, I'm learning to take care of myself in a different way and have scheduled lots of doctors appointments to do that...don't worry, nothing is crazy wrong, but hopefully I will get some answers to habits I have and my "stomach bubble" as I call it I get from time to time. (If you have ever heard me talk about that or have been around me when I'm in pain, I'm excited to finally get the ball rolling to figure out what the heck is wrong with my insides!) I'm sure I'll share more on that later...but I'll give you a warning when I might get a little TMI in the future.
But something that I have realized that in my loneliness and confusion with my health, I'm so much quicker to turn to prayer, Scripture, and quiet time. I have been craving time to sit and reflect. To talk to Jesus. I usually enjoy it, or at times do it out of self imposed obligation to be honest, but to really thirst for and desire time to sit in quiet, to talk to God, now that's something special. I know God has some great plan that I don't see in this rough week, but what I have seen is that God is unchanging, always there, and always craves time with me the way that I have wanted to spend time with Him these last few weeks. And that is the biggest blessing in a week as sucky as this one has been.
1 comment:
I'm sorry your week was sucky... :( I will be praying for you to continue to hunger and thirst for the Lord - pray for me for the same thing!! Love you friend!
Post a Comment