Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A Day in the Life...

...of an unemployed, living at home grad student. Although my plate doesn't sound very full, I feel like there's alway something for me to do! Mondays and Tuesdays look pretty much the same so here's a general run down of the first 2 days of the week.

I usually wake up around 8:30, unless Charlotte comes in to wake me up earlier. After breakfast, I check up on all of the important things--like Twitter, Facebook, Gmail, blogs, Draw Something, etc. Usually I watch the shows that I missed from the night before while I'm doing all of this "important stuff". As of late, I've been trying to fit in a walk after that too. Then I'll read or review the readings I have for the class that night and that takes up a decent amount of time.  But Charlotte can slow down any process though because she wants to play or help or steal my computer from me. :)
Evidence that a toddler has been "helping" me study
Then I shower, get ready, eat lunch with Katie and Charlotte while my hair dries, and finish getting presentable. I'll print off whatever I need for class that night and double check whatever I need to have ready. I don't have a "usual" after that but somehow it gets filled up and quickly without fail.

By 3:30, I start to get ready for class: get a diet coke and piece of fruit for the ride to class, a Tervis Tumbler of water and a snack for class, and make a sandwich or pasta to eat on the way home. Keep in mind I'm gone from 3:45 until 9:15ish hence the excessive amount of food and drink. Every trip to class is a small road trip. I pack up my bag and hit the road. The hour drive each way to and from class is great for time to just me and catching up with friends on the phone. By the time I get home, with 2 hours of driving and 2 and a half hours of class under my belt, I'm pretty brain dead. I watch whatever my mom is watching (I have absolutely no vote if one of my mom's show is on and Katie and Lee get the bonus room...) and catch up with her before going to bed around 11:00 or 11:30 for some quiet time and do some reading for fun.

Well, those are my class days in a nutshell. Wednesday through Friday looks very different, but that's another blog post for another day!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hi Kristin! I tagged you in a fun blogger game "11 things" that's going around - see my post for the details!
http://katneidhardt.blogspot.com/2012/04/11-things.html

Kristyn said...

Hi Marlin! I also tagged you in the blogger game 11 Things. http://livelyspiritedconfessions.blogspot.com/2012/04/11-things.html